PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

How to Get Through The Tough Times The Old Style Way.

Options

Comments

• jackieglasgow
    jackieglasgow Posts: 9,436 Forumite
    Options
    lol Mary, Mardatha gave us a name but I can't remember what it is, we should keep yours in mind for the next, next time :)

EDIT it was something like "as the workhouse approaches" :D So it could be a mix of the two :p
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • ceridwen
    ceridwen Posts: 11,547 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    maryb wrote: »
    I don't know if it is just me but the page has gone very wide and won't all fit in my browser. It doesn't look as if it should be the photos, they are all quite small. Ah, well no doubt it will fix itself when we go onto another page.

Bump Bump

...nope...and mine is too....thought it would right itself now we are on another page - but it came up just now when I posted last reply. This reply looks as normal though.....

SILVERMAID

I have checked my herb books re rosebay willowherb as per promise. Nowt re a cosmetic recipe in any of them though:(. Found a couple of medical type remedies - but no cosmetics.

My plant books divide pretty much into foraging ones and herbal medicine ones - just a small cosmetic element in them.

I've got another herbal book en route to me - probably my best yet - and will let you know if theres anything in there re this.
  • PepPop
    PepPop Posts: 1,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    maryb wrote: »
    I don't know if it is just me but the page has gone very wide and won't all fit in my browser. It doesn't look as if it should be the photos, they are all quite small. Ah, well no doubt it will fix itself when we go onto another page.

Bump Bump

It's doing that on mine too, cos I checked back to see if it was my photos cos I was gonna delete them.
  • ceridwen
    ceridwen Posts: 11,547 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ...and for right now....errr....well one successful experiment - one not.

The successful experiment was yet another variant on home made pesto. The unsuccessful experiment was this one:

http://ladylesley.wordpress.com/2011/04/06/fresh-pasta-with-nettles/

well...I mixed up all ingredients given (having got out the scissors and chopped up the nettles too) and thought "This just aint coming together...".....all sortsa bits of flour sitting there in the bowl still. Bethought myself "Maybe I need to add some water - errr...no idea how much....." and duly added WAY too much.

Errr....I've squeezed out loads of surplus water from the mixture and put it in a silicone flan thing and think maybe I can salvage it by baking it in the oven with a little grated cheese and few slivers of butter on top. Any thoughts gals?

Errr....Lesley...are you hanging around this thread? What did I do wrong purlease?

Not gonna feel too bad about it....as my sense of humour is still "being tickled" visibly at the thought of an MSE Board Guide (ANY MSE Board Guide...) starting up our next installment of the "Its Tough" thread - considering how hard the founder of this thread (ie Kittie) and some of the rest of us have had to "fight so hard" to get this thread accepted.

Oh well...:rotfl::D - Kittie...WAY WAY back in my past someone said to me "One day - you will be part of the Establishment...in a twinset and pearls"......errr...Kittie as you and I now seem to qualify as part of the Establishment....shall I scan Amazon for some nice twinsets for us?:rotfl:...I won't bother with the pearls though - already been offered some of them some years back and turned them down as being "cruel to animals"...
  • 7_week_wonder
    Options
    Thanks guys - you are all completely right. I could cope if it was one thing at a time, but this is just getting a bit much.

Well I spoke to dad during the day and he said he was beginning to feel better and they would be here tomorrow. Cue lots of house-cleaning and shopping etc. And then just when I get back from shopping I get a call from mum saying dad's in the hospital on oxygen:( Oh well, he's in the best place and it looks like a flying visit down south may be in order once we know what's what.

But back on topic: the surveyor came today to check our house and we're scheduled for free cavity wall insulation in a month's time. That was a nice feeling signing the paperwork with "Cost £0" written on it :T
    And I've now got a load of whoopsies from Mr S that I need to work out what to do with.
  • bertiebots
    bertiebots Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    edited 27 April 2011 at 10:05PM
    Options
    Hugs 7weekwonder ((())) x Well done sammy you must be over the moon!:j:beer:
    I am pleased to say that I have some lettuce growing! Its only taken a few days to start coming up and hopefully it will keep me going all summer like last year :D !
    Had a fab day yesterday as I took the kids to yorkshire sculpture park for the day and had a picnic. Its £4 to park but thats it- so I think its pretty good value for a day out . I went with my friend and her kids so ranging from 8 to 14 plus us ladys! We ended up playing hide and seek and tig running round like loonies:rotfl:. It was great:T.
    It was also the coldest day of the hols and we shivered eating our picnic- but didnt let it spoil our day..and the sun duly re-appeared this morning. I am gaining a bit of a reputation for attracting clouds so if ever you are in need of rain just give me a call:rotfl:

I went to see my solicitor today to start sorting things out re the house. I have some tough decisions to make and dont really know what to do at the moment. I am going to speak to our mortgage providor tomorrow to see if there is any possibility of me taking on our joint mortgage but I dont hold out much hope:cool:. I may need to go to another lender if they say no-but I only work part time so am very limited in my options. I hate everything being up in the air but I knew I would have to get through this to get a divorce , so am trying to just go with the flow and not get too stressed (but thats easier said than done). I also need to talk to my ex and try discuss our options without him flipping out - which I am looking forward to about as much as a hole in the head:(
    JAN GC- £155.77 out of £200:D FEB GC £197.31 out of £180:o. MARCH GC - out of £200
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 27 April 2011 at 10:27PM
    Options
    ceridwen wrote: »
    Not gonna feel too bad about it....as my sense of humour is still "being tickled" visibly at the thought of an MSE Board Guide (ANY MSE Board Guide...) starting up our next installment of the "Its Tough" thread - considering how hard the founder of this thread (ie Kittie) and some of the rest of us have had to "fight so hard" to get this thread accepted.

Hi ceridwen,

I'm not sure where you got the idea that I was going to start a new thread from??? To the best of my knowledge, I and no other bgs have ever started any of the tougher threads and as far as I know, have no intention of doing so now. I'm glad that your ''sense of humour has been tickled'' :D but sorry to disappoint you...as far as I'm aware no bg will be starting the new thread.

As always if you have a problem with board guides you should contact the forum team. You can find the address in my signature.

Have a good evening :)

Pink
  • jackieglasgow
    jackieglasgow Posts: 9,436 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry Pink that was me that started that scurrilous rumour, I had misunderstood what we'd discussed when I was all keen to start the thread at 3000 posts. :o
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ceridwen, rosebay willow herb grows on land that has been burned (it was prolific after 2nd world war - my Mum says) and next to railway tracks, dont know why? I am so suprised it has a herbal use :)

Peppop. love those bread boards pity they use plastic ones so much, they would stack really well with stored veggies in.

Kidcat and 7WW sorry things are tough at the mo but we are here for you guys.

Having a ' pinching pennies till they squeak' week - love that saying cannot remember who posted it but thanks :T Just got nearly 2 kg of pork from Mr M for 3.50. cant help but feel sorry for the British farmers who must be getting peanuts for a pig while the supermarket fat cats thrive! Going to use chocclares sticky sauce with some of it as Oh loves it. This is just the best place for ideas, am going to try and make wraps tomorrow for lunch thanks for the recipe there too :T
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sorry Pink that was me that started that scurrilous rumour, I had misunderstood what we'd discussed when I was all keen to start the thread at 3000 posts. :o

Hi Jackie :)

I don't think that I ever suggested that I would start the thread, I simply asked you to hold fire until 4,000 posts. I don't contribute much so would never feel in a position to begin the new thread. :o

Pink
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport