Little Miss-Money saving thread

Little*Miss
Little*Miss Posts: 199 Forumite
First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
edited 24 February 2011 at 7:36PM in How much have you saved?
Hello,

I'm new to all all this money saving but this site is a blessing I have learnt so much just from the past few weeks!

A little about me, I currently work part time about 21 hours a week I am looking for more though. My partner is in the British army. We have no kids yet, we are engaged and looking to buy our own house in April time. Hoping to get married some time in the hopefully near future. I'm personally looking for as many ways to earn and save.:D

Instead of cluttering up the board as I'm only new and don't want to annoy anyone. I'm planning on setting up a new blog or something to document my progress.:D

So far this week money wise I have;

*Found out I may be able to receive 50% off council tax, due to OH having main residence on camp. (He's in the British Army)

* Listed a few items on Amazon.

*I've started to clear the house for things to either give as gifts or car boot.

*Joined a load of survey sites

*Joined Top cash back site

By the end of next week I aim to:
  1. Create a gift List
  2. Maybe change some of the prices of my Amazon list so they sell quicker
  3. Clean out the rest of my room for things to sell
  4. Start to think about creating a cross stitch for my niece's christining in April
  5. Create a new blog and give google adsence a go
  6. Keep picking up tips from MSE!

:D

Anything else I can add to my list let me know! :D
Mortgage at Highest:£145,000
Penny Challenge #39: £221.26 / £667.95
Make £10 a day: Feb: £300 / £280
March: £2.95 / £310

Comments

• Little*Miss
    Little*Miss Posts: 199 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 24 February 2011 at 7:32PM
    Thought I should post again as I'm having a little money meltdown right now!

Me and OH are hoping to buy our first home in April (well start looking at homes, when he's back from Afghan) we also might/will have to buy two new cars within two years.
    I've just spoke to OH today and I'm just so worried we won't have quite enough money for it all, I know some things can wait i.e my car will be ok if I patch it up may last another two years. We want to get married but that will have to wait etc etc.

So I'm having a bit of a panic I just wished we had that little bit more money.

Any extra money I earn through additional sources is going to go into my wedding/new car fund. Even if it's only a bit I feel like I need to have some form of savings for this!:)

This week I have:

*(This month so far) I have made £31.74 on survey sites although £13 of this was from Yougov a site which I have been a member of since last year!

*I have started on my gift list although I'm not sure how much use this is going to be to me.

*I've started my blog here's the link:
    littlemisscreative.blogspot.com

*With my nieces christening I'm going to buy them something and get the cash-back! The cross stitch kits are quite expensive and I don't want to spend too much considering the time it's going to take to set up.

For this week:

*Try Dooyoo try and earn £20 this month a challenge listed in the gifty thread.
    *Ask work about first aid training.
    *Join another five survey sites.
    *Finish all my "homework." =]
    *Stop stressing about money.
  • Just a short message to wish you good luck in your money saving endeavours. My son is currently in Afghanistan so I know you must be finding things really hard just on a day to day basis. Keep writing your diary and I will keep reading it. Good luck x
  • Awww thank-you very much! He's home in 23 days so I haven't got too much longer. :) Hope your ok with your son being away thinking of you.

I will keep working hard at this money saving malarky! :D Good luck to you too!
    xxxx
  • Hi
    Just wondering how you have been getting on these last few days. Have you made any progress? Hope so. ;)
  • Hey Sidneysmum! Been trying to catch up with your posts!

Progress has been ok, made a few pennies on survey sites. I have received a guide on clicking from EagerLearner. So I'll have to read up on that this week!

I feel like I have too much stuff to do though, I could do with making daily goals for myself to keep focused.
    I have sorted out a budget for me and OH so that makes me feel a lot better about the money situation. :)

Unfortunately I have to go to the dentist tomorrow morning and probably need some work done soon, not a lot I can do about that tho.

Dad was moaning today about how the house needs a clear out, so I'm planning on helping out listing a few things on e-bay or having a car boot. Making a few more pennies not sure when I'm going to have the time to do this. But I'll have to make some time I think.:)
    Also OH's mum's house is a bit of mess so I really want to tidy this up and again car boot what we can. So a few ideas in the pipeline.:)

Today I'm hoping to finish the last assignment task for a course I'm taking, when I go back to work I know I'm not going to have much time.
    Then I might write to OH over in Afghan. After that if I have time I will have to try and catch up with your thread.

This evening I might do a little bit of cross stitch.:)

Hope everyone is having a good week!

xxxxxx
  • Hello all!

Well today hasen't been too bad on money saving terms. I was worried that I may need some dental work done but luckily I don't yay! Next check up in six months. :T

Just found out I wont be needed at work today, a student I work with is away so instead of going in for an hour and half I'll have the whole day off so quite nice. Saves a little money on petrol.

I've realized also that £50 from Paypal hasen't gone into my bank account have chassed that up and hopefully that will get sorted soon. :)

For today I need to;

1. Finish my homework boo!
    2. Maybe join a load of survey sites
    3. Read up on a few threads
    4. Big maybe start cleaning out the house.

Should be a nice relaxing day for me. Hope you are all having a good day!

xxxx
  • Hey littlemiss,

Sounds as though you are sooooooooooooooooooooo organised - i like the strategy of 'things to achieve' within a timescale - i remember the day's when i was able to do that (BC - before children lol!!!!)

Good luck and keep up the good work.

xx

CATALOGUE - £500
    WEIGHT LOSS - 10 of 65lbs
    SAVINGS £500 of £2500 by 2018
  • Thanks for the message! I'm not sure weather to continue with the blog there's so many interesting threads on here to read and keep up to date with. Feel like I'm clogging up the boards.

I need to write lists or else I feel like I don't do anything!

Have completed my homework yay! Took me forever eleven pages! Thats a lot for me!:D

Now I'm going to join loads of survey sites left on my Excel list. I'm going to try out DooYoo later also.:) I will have a second income lol!

Good luck everyone.
  • Today I have been a very busy bee! As mentioned I had the day off by default. I was determined to make the most out of today.:)

I completed my homework finally! Sorted out that paypal issue this morning, went to the dentist, had a lovely home made lunch at my local garden centre with the family. Joined another two survey sites and filled out the boring "about you" sections.
    Joined DooYoo and completed a review for a survey site. The site seems ok I'm not sure if I will bother to use it. You need 20,000 points to cash in a £20 amazon voucher. I posted my review at 4pm so far I have gained 80 points, at this rate I would have to write 200 reviews to get the voucher. Not sure I'll carry on see how things go it's the kind of thing you can pick up when you feel like it.

I made a start on the house clearing today:D still have lots to do but I'm getting there slowly.

I'm interested in buying myself a cineworld unlimited card, sidneysmum mentioned it, it sounds really good £15 a month and free cinema tickets? Me and OH love going to the cinema so this might be a nice treat for us. Going to look into this. :D

I'm very proud of my work today, going to check a few e-mails, write a new to-do list:o then relax before my really LONG day tomorrow! :)
  • Sounds good, i hope you can get good results from this, best of luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure