Address for Direct Line Complaints

Options
scottishminnie
scottishminnie Posts: 3,085 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
edited 13 February 2011 at 8:27PM in Insurance & life assurance
I don't have time to go into the whole saga right now but would appreciate if anyone could give me an address for DIrect Line Complaints dept. (Car Insurance if that makes any diff)

They have stated I must log my complaint by phone only and they do not accept written complaints however as part of it relates to a call which I have date, time and staff name and they are denying it took place, there is no way I will be logging a complaint by phone.

Thanks.
NO FARMS = NO FOOD

Comments

• stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 February 2011 at 8:30PM
    Options
    Why dont you just follow Direct Lines complaint procedure:

http://www.directline.com/complaints/complaintsprocedure.htm

If you wish to write, please use the most appropriate option below to ensure that your complaint is dealt with promptly:
    • Claims Complaints should be sent to the Head of Incident Services at the address shown on your claims documentation.
    • All other complaints should be addressed to the Head of Sales and Customer Service at the address shown on your schedule.
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • scottishminnie
    Options
    dacouch wrote: »

Thanks - hadn't looked at the website as the claims person I spoke to was adamant they only accepted complaints logged by phone.
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As a point of interest, it should show how to make a complaint and the relevant addresses in your Policy Booklet as Insurers must make it clear to policyholders how to make a complaint
  • Markryan
    Options
    It is near impossible to get an email address for any directors or managers at Direct Line so I have traced the contact name and email address for the Managing Director of RBS group who own Direct Line;
    Paul Geddes, email paul.geddes@rbs.co.uk
    I have only emailed this evening so have not received a response yet but will advise on any response I get.
  • olly300
    olly300 Posts: 14,736 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Markryan wrote: »
    It is near impossible to get an email address for any directors or managers at Direct Line so I have traced the contact name and email address for the Managing Director of RBS group who own Direct Line;
    Paul Geddes, email [EMAIL="paul.geddes@rbs.co.uk"]paul.geddes@rbs.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    I have only emailed this evening so have not received a response yet but will advise on any response I get.

They have a complaints procedure which is why you can't get the addresses.

If they have upset you that much you are better of contacting the FOS who will tell you how to complain. They will also log any irregularities in companies complaints procedures i.e. staff delibrately misleading people.

Then contact DirectLine again and informing them you contacted the FOS giving them details of any reference numbers etc.
    I'm not cynical I'm realistic :p

(If a link I give opens pop ups I won't know I don't use windows)
  • weejonnie
    weejonnie Posts: 330 Forumite
    Options
    I would have thought that the FOS will merely tell you to follow the complaints procedure in the policy document.
  • Markryan
    Options
    Both my Mother and sister have both complained and we have received a deadlock letter. The reason I have contacted the Md is more personal as my father died 4 weeks ago and during his time in hospital, 6 weeks, the policy was auto renewed. Due to our circumstances we were unable to contact them to cancel the policy. We did cancel it 1 day before the first calendar month was over and they have now charged my mother £120 cancellation fee. I thought by contacting the MD it would be dealt with on a more compassionate level.
  • Markryan
    Options
    The email to Mr Geddes worked, a received a response this morning from the executive office to advise that the case was being handled by them. My mother received a call to advise that the cancellation fee was being refunded aswell as the months premium already paid. Just goes to show that the is still some compassion left in the world and it is not all about the money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure