We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Vodafone contract

Leedash
Leedash Posts: 441 Forumite
Hi all,my wife took out a contract with Vodafone around two month ago,not only have the service rubbish,but the certain brand of phone,keep crashing with software problem.So is there any way of opting out of this contract,I know mobile networks are funny people and like there pound of flesh,so thought I'd ask on my beloved money expert,lee

Comments

  • lucylucky
    lucylucky Posts: 4,908 Forumite
    If the phone is faulty then get it replaced/repaired.

    Has the service deteriorated since you bought the phone?
  • Leedash
    Leedash Posts: 441 Forumite
    Customer service
  • lucylucky
    lucylucky Posts: 4,908 Forumite
    Is the customer service poor in relations to dealing with the faulty phone?
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi LEEDASH

    I’m sorry to hear that you have been experiencing difficulty with your wife’s phone.

    Under the terms of your agreement, you can return or exchange your handset within 7 working days. Once you have passed the returns period, we can then arrange to repair your handset under warranty.

    If you would like us to arrange a repair, please e-mail us here using WRT135 as the subject, linking to this thread, and detailing the fault with the handset.

    Once we have received this information we’ll be happy to advise on the next step.

    Kind Regards

    Simon
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • 7 days... What a joke.
    Have I helped? Feel free to click the 'Thanks' button. I like to feel useful (and smug). ;)
  • Techhead_2
    Techhead_2 Posts: 1,769 Forumite
    MissKeith wrote: »
    7 days... What a joke.

    Why a joke? How long should they give you to cancel the contract and why?
  • robt_2
    robt_2 Posts: 3,401 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    MissKeith wrote: »
    7 days... What a joke.

    Why do they need to give any longer? It is a contract, not a trial period!
  • robt wrote: »
    Why do they need to give any longer? It is a contract, not a trial period!

    I meant if the phone is faulty, not the trial period.
    Have I helped? Feel free to click the 'Thanks' button. I like to feel useful (and smug). ;)
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,129 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    If the phone is faulty they will repair or replace it up to 1 year.
    A faulty handset does not invalidate an airtime contract, which is separate to the hansdset contract.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.