Cheap Business Cards

Options
please can anybody tell me where i can find cheap place to get business cards printed? many thanks

Comments

• oldrimes
    Options
    Depending on quality vs quantity it could be worth looking at VistaPrint
    https://www.vistaprint.co.uk

They offer 'free' ones - you choose your design, they put their logo on the back and you pay for postage. Cards are reasonable quality & 215gsm.

If you want better quality, then its worth looking at their Premium Business Cards - without their Logo on the back. £20 for 500 + postage, again 215gsm, but can upgrade it to thicker card. Can also upload your own design.
  • Kilty_2
    Kilty_2 Posts: 5,818 Forumite
    Options
    Go for the Premium ones definately, with your own design.

OK they arent amazing, but I paid £7.71 for 250. (They were giving Premium for free and I had to pay for uploading design etc). Look good enough until I'm off the ground and can afford printing.com's prices :)
  • Chubacheroo
    Options
    Have you considered making your own? Providing you have Word (it has templates), a decent printer and either some good thick card plus a slicer/guillotine or a pack of the push-out cards (Avery do them), you can get as creative as you like! Also, you can then print out only as many as you need, thus saving on reprinting if your details change.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You can design your own on vistaprint too, they keep the style online so its easy changed if your details change next time.

Personally, home made business cards will look like home made business cards. Depends on how professional you want your business to appear though.
  • Raksha
    Raksha Posts: 4,570 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I've used Vista Print, making use of the 'free offers' they are far cheaper than anything I could find locally. Just beware of the 'special offer' they try to sign you up to afterwards (for £10 become a member of their special club - it's a subscription and gets deducted every month I seem to remember)
    Please forgive me if my comments seem abrupt or my questions have obvious answers, I have a mental health condition which affects my ability to see things as others might.
  • Rashid_2
    Options
    You need to think what your business is and who your targeting, I know for a fact if I was given a vista print business card I wouldn't do business with that person and the card goes in the bin, it's all about image and if your image isn't important then go as cheap as you can. Also be prepared to get non stop spam from them.

I have used a number of printing companies in the past, some are good some are terrible. Vistaprint are ok for cheap business cards but the standard ones come with their details printed on the back and take upto 28 days for delivery. The size of is also unusual it is not a standard business card size.
    I use http://www.volume-printing.co.uk . You can get as little as 100 business cards for £24.30 including delivery, turanround within 3 days I have found. The cards are printed on a thick 400gsm card and you can have them laminated for a few quid extra. I have ordered a number of things for my business and I can say the service and quality has been fantastic as well as very good prices.

Your business card states alot about your business and more importantly you
    Look around, you can get excellent quality business cards at very good prices.
    Titch :)
  • sunsetgirl
    Options
    I got my biz cards done with vistaprint, I uploaded my own photographic image and made sure I got cards without vistaprint advertising on the back. I also got the glossy coating which really brings the colours out.

Not a single person I have shown them to have guessed they were cheapies, I get many compliments on them from customers and it is great advertising as I can put my product on the front.

The first time you go to order cards, design one first then save your design on vistaprint and do not buy, they will then send you a discount link in an email as they think you will not complete your order. That is what happened to me and I got 500 cards for about £16.00!
  • helen_vasey
    Options
    my vista print cards are lovely, very striking and also professional looking, no logo on the back and £7.00 for 500. everyone who has seen them has said they are very eye catching. prontaprint wanted £45 I seem to remember! cheap doesn't automatically = rubbish, they came in a week as well.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Rashid wrote:
    You need to think what your business is and who your targeting, I know for a fact if I was given a vista print business card I wouldn't do business with that person and the card goes in the bin

Personally for me, what makes me do business with someone is their service and product and price....

I think the vistaprint cards look great for the price. Nothing cheap looking about them.
  • gingerdad
    gingerdad Posts: 1,919 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Rashid wrote:
    Your business card states alot about your business and more importantly you
    Look around, you can get excellent quality business cards at very good prices.

Couldn't agree with you more, any vista print cards I have seen have also gone in the bin, I get them done by a local printer and we batch them with a couple of others and works out about 15 per 500 cards, as they print them 10 up full colour both sides…..

It’s all about image and for me vista print cards go in the bin. But I work business to business in a competitive field and for me its important to give the correct impression.

GD
    The futures bright the future is Ginger
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family