🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Where Is 18866 / 1899 ? Gone For Good?

Options

Comments

• JoolsG4
    Options
    Thanks for trying that. At least it confirms that its not just me!

Why would this problem be affecting so many different providers?
    This message was posted by a Mac
  • Aiadi
    Aiadi Posts: 1,840 Forumite
    Options
    I am honestly shocked that 1899, 18866, telestunt & cheapest calls are all down at the same time. I can smell some filthy BT plot here as this seems the only logical explanation for now. WHAT WILL ALL THE MSEs DO ? I really feel lost. :(:confused::(
    Do I want it? ......Do I need it? ......What would happen if I don't buy it??????
  • I'm having the same problem too. Cant get through on either 1899, 18866 or telestunt. I hope the services get back up soon !
  • BadJ
    Options
    Aiadi wrote:
    I am honestly shocked that 1899, 18866, telestunt & cheapest calls are all down at the same time. I can smell some filthy BT plot here as this seems the only logical explanation for now. WHAT WILL ALL THE MSEs DO ? I really feel lost. :(:confused::(

Exactly what i thought - sounds dramatic - but i wouldnt be surprised if its a BT conspiracy!!!!!
  • shrek101
    shrek101 Posts: 2,249 Forumite
    Options
    Oh I hope it aint gone. I only used the service twice having only recently signed up.

Tried twice tonight but I get an engaged tone, and I knwo the phone number isnt used as its my mobile I am trying to ring.

No longer a user, goodbye folks. PLEASE delete my account. Thank you
  • Just tried calling Ireland from 1899 and its working ! :)
  • khizman
    khizman Posts: 527 Forumite
    Options
    all ok here in sheffield now
    :D:D:D
  • andy88_2
    andy88_2 Posts: 3,676 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    probably not a nasty plot by BT then; relief anyway

had number not recognised once then ok
  • milla
    milla Posts: 298 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Sheesh !! Back to normal now !! Worrying couple of hours wondering what was going on!!
    Without the rain you wouldn't have the rainbows !

I came into this world with nothing and I've still got most of it left!
  • Aiadi
    Aiadi Posts: 1,840 Forumite
    Options
    Wiered that all are back at exactly the same time. Could it have been a central problem with BT overriding mechanism that allows the use of all these overriding access numbers? Feeling ecstatic anyway. :D:D
    Do I want it? ......Do I need it? ......What would happen if I don't buy it??????
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport