NS&I Direct ISA

Options
I'm going to open one of these, but on reading their website it states that the minimum initial deposit is £1000 and the minimum further deposit is £250. I was planning on simply opening it with £3000, could I still do this or would I need to open it with £2750 and pay in £250 later? :confused:

Comments

• clear_blu
    Options
    You can open it with £3000 if you wish.........
    Sometimes these sites can be ambigous.................:D
    I have retired from a career in Financial Services........Thank God. Any advice given may be as a result of senile dementia so dont take it too seriously.......;)
  • david78
    david78 Posts: 1,654 Forumite
    Options
    Not sure why you are confused.

You can open the account with one payment of £3000 if you like. This is what I did.

You need to open with £1000 or more, and any futher deposts must be for £250 or more. (If you open the account with £2751, you will not be able to top up with £249.)
  • Suzey
    Suzey Posts: 2,714 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Put the whole £3k in as the initial deposit - that's what I did.

Suze

Kilty wrote:
    I'm going to open one of these, but on reading their website it states that the minimum initial deposit is £1000 and the minimum further deposit is £250. I was planning on simply opening it with £3000, could I still do this or would I need to open it with £2750 and pay in £250 later? :confused:
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Savings & Investments, Small Biz MoneySaving and House Buying, Renting & Selling boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the Report button, or by e-mailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure