We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Deleting hotmail e mails on i phone

987654
987654 Posts: 367 Forumite
If I delete an e mail from my hotmail account whilst on my i phone, it still shows when I view the hotmail on my PC.

I assume this is down to a setting on my phone - can anyone advise how to resolve?

Thanks in anticipation.

Comments

  • Rusty!
    Rusty! Posts: 2,076
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Depnends on the protocol in use on the phone, if it's set up as POP3 (and it more than likely is) then that's just how it works and you're stuck with it.

    If the iPhone email client supports Exchange ActiveSync email, then I would set your account up like that, as it will delete emails from the server, and also allow you to view your folders.
  • jayme1
    jayme1 Posts: 2,154
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    yep as Rusty! says set it up as exchange using the settings here
  • 987654
    987654 Posts: 367 Forumite
    Rusty! wrote: »
    Depnends on the protocol in use on the phone, if it's set up as POP3 (and it more than likely is) then that's just how it works and you're stuck with it.

    If the iPhone email client supports Exchange ActiveSync email, then I would set your account up like that, as it will delete emails from the server, and also allow you to view your folders.

    On the 'add account' page, I have an option for microsoft exchange.

    so I have put in

    e mail : [EMAIL="myaddress@hotmail.co.uk"]myaddress@hotmail.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    domain : blank
    username: [EMAIL="myaddress@hotmail.co.uk"]myaddress@hotmail.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    password: my password
    description : hotmail
    server : m.hotmail.co.uk


    I have had a response 'unable to verify account information'

    Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

    Thanks
  • Rusty!
    Rusty! Posts: 2,076
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Served: m.hotmail.com
  • 987654
    987654 Posts: 367 Forumite
    still got the same message.
  • Rusty!
    Rusty! Posts: 2,076
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Is SSL enabled?
  • 987654
    987654 Posts: 367 Forumite
    Rusty! wrote: »
    Is SSL enabled?


    how do I check this?
  • Rusty!
    Rusty! Posts: 2,076
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    No idea, don't have an iPhone :rotfl:

    Probably a tick-box somewhere though.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.