Fine for having your feet up!

Options

Comments

• WhiteHorse
    WhiteHorse Posts: 2,492 Forumite
    Options
    Barneysmom wrote: »
    And to the student, welcome to the real world where you can't just do as you please and hang the consequences.
    It would be nice if a few more of these spoilt, overgrown children could be introduced to concepts like c-o-u-r-t-e-s-y and r-e-s-p-o-n-s-i-b-i-l-i-t-y.
    "Never underestimate the mindless force of a government bureaucracy
    seeking to expand its power, dominion and budget"
    Jay Stanley, American Civil Liberties Union.
  • Lawpf2001
    Lawpf2001 Posts: 177 Forumite
    Options
    Just thinking about it now. I guess the reason the fine is in place is less to recoup cleaning costs. But more that obviously people see it as quite a petty thing to do. So if the operator were to give a slap on the wrist and a telling off, this would wouldnt deter and have the desired effect that a fine does.
  • epsilondraconis
    Options
    Lawpf2001 wrote: »
    However, I can't say I have ever been on a clean train always seems to be litter and debris everywhere.

Yes I agree; however the reason for that is because people don't respect the property of others. Not only do people throw rubbish on the floor of trains, but some rather obnoxious people even put their feet on the seats.

I think they should start fining people... ;)
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Our buses have seats that face each other and it annoys me when people sit with their feet up on the opposite seat.

People should also be fined for using up 2 seats, ie:- putting their bag on an empty seat and not letting people sit down. Or at the very least be made to pay another fare for the second seat.
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £41,671.53
  • Gordon_Hose
    Gordon_Hose Posts: 6,259 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Just thinking about it now. I guess the reason the fine is in place is less to recoup cleaning costs. But more that obviously people see it as quite a petty thing to do. So if the operator were to give a slap on the wrist and a telling off, this would wouldnt deter and have the desired effect that a fine does.

Oh yeah, cos everyone listens to a "telling off". It's not the 1940's any more lol

I bet your mate doesn't put his scabby shoes all over his Mum's furniture, so why do it anywhere else.

He deserved a fine, personally I'd prefer to see people like your mate banned from trains.
  • Lawpf2001
    Options
    Oh yeah, cos everyone listens to a "telling off". It's not the 1940's any more lol.

Lol if you read my post you would see thats what im saying. People are more likely to take notice of a penalty than a telling off.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh yeah, cos everyone listens to a "telling off". It's not the 1940's any more lol
    Lol if you read my post you would see thats what im saying. People are more likely to take notice of a penalty than a telling off.
    Difficult to understand quite what you were saying. :D
    Read again the last few words of your post...
  • Lawpf2001
    Options
    Meh I thought it was simple enough.

Anyway I guess you've all kinda turned my opinion a bit. I've now seen it differently and not just a cheeky way to earn some extra cash.
  • Gordon_Hose
    Gordon_Hose Posts: 6,259 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    But they wouldn't earn any cash if morons didn't put their feet on the seats!
  • Lawpf2001
    Options
    But they wouldn't earn any cash if morons didn't put their feet on the seats!

*face plam*

I'm agreeing with you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family