Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

February 2011 Grocery Challenge - Page 46

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

February 2011 Grocery Challenge

edited 28 January 2011 at 9:44PM in Old Style MoneySaving
1.7K replies 186.9K views

Replies

• Hi everyone - a NSD today.:j

Dinner tonight is another "meat free" night so having HM Macaroni Cheese, baby pots and a bowl of salad. Nice and easy;)

Will need to pop to shops tomorrow for spuds, eggs and some bits for Saturday as we have friends coming over for Dinner. Have meal planned for Saturday so will go with a list and stick to it - don't need much as the meat that I will need is in the Freezer.:D
    "WASTE NOT, WANT NOT!"
    GC for OH, myself, DD18 & DD16 includes Toiletries, cleaning stuff & Food.

• quintwinsquintwins Forumite
    5.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    spent £36 today on clothes for the kids got loads of stuff tho :)
    OCT GC £196.12/£200
  • PaddyPaws wrote: »
    I've been a lurker for a while and think it's time I joined in

Please would you put me down for £375 for Feb (sorry I can't change the font to red or bold :( ). My Feb month started on 22/1, I just need to check what I've spend so far as we did a big shop in cost co on 23rd

I'm aiming to get this down by £100/month over the course of this year so this is a starting point to help me focus

thank you

Hi
    To make your writing bold - hilight the section you want to be bold and click on the "B" in the panel above, just above where you are writing - for coloured writing hilight the writing and click on the "A" in the panel above and a box will appear with different colours, just click on the colour you want and it will change

Hope that makes sense - shout if it doesn't

Helen x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • Hi
    To make your writing bold - hilight the section you want to be bold and click on the "B" in the panel above, just above where you are writing - for coloured writing hilight the writing and click on the "A" in the panel above and a box will appear with different colours, just click on the colour you want and it will change

Hope that makes sense - shout if it doesn't

Helen x

Thanks Helen - got it now :j

• wssla00wssla00 Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Hi all :)

An NSD today. It's absolutely freezing here! Totally wintry weather!

Not sure what to have for dinner but will do a nosey a little later in the freezer.

Have a good day
    Feb GC: £200 Spent: £190.79
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • I spent £2.65 on fruit today
  • I managed a NSD yesterday. I decided against the wine. Hade to pick up a couple of things on way home from work. Aiming for another NSD tomorrow. Boys are having macaroni and I am heading out for a curry with workmates.
    GC 2011 Feb £626.89/£450 NSD3/7 March £531.26/£450 April £495.99/£500 NSD 0/7 May £502.79/£500
    June £511.99/£480 July £311.56/£480
  • ChocClareChocClare Forumite
    1.5K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Oh that sounds great. What sort of quantities do you use on the fruit and veg? How runny is it once you've put the vinegar in? Just enough to cover, or not as much as that?

It's a pound each of the fruit and veg and a pint of vinegar. I don't really do metric, but I think that would equate to ABOUT 450g of each and 560ml of the vinegar (don't quote me on this). It's not sloppy when you mix it - funnily enough, the best way to describe it is chutney consistency! You'd think it would be all raw-looking, but leaving it for 24 hours makes everything go the right colour. HTH.
  • ChocClareChocClare Forumite
    1.5K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Did a quick spend in Waitrose today of £6.15 as I went in for cocoa and the lady was just marking down perfectly freezable yummy things from £3.50 to 85p and 99p - so got fresh pasta, mash (I know, but it's great to have in the freezer when you really can't be bothered - but only if on special offer, LOL), ravioli etc. So got enough food for about four meals plus the cocoa - pretty good going for yummy Waitrose stuff which is such good quality.

Tonight's dinner is in the fridge but is now going in the freezer as DD reminded me it's Chinese New Year, so we're having sweet and sour chicken/veg with noodles - all available in fridge, just means swapping the meal plan round - with HM easy peasy microwave sweet and sour sauce which is so much nicer than bought. Kung Hei Fat Choy, everyone!
  • cat_smithcat_smith Forumite
    1.3K posts
    ChocClare can I have the recipe for the Sweet and Sour Sauce? I spend a fortune on Uncle Ben's.
    GC Mar 13 £47.36/£150