travelcenteruk.co.uk - reliable?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Mark_Tommo
    Options
    i tried to book a flight today from Birmingham to Vietnam. Found flight on Cheapflights.co.uk for £1826 business class with Emirates. Followed the link to Travel centre and filled in my details and tried to continue to book. This is when i find that you can't get from the 'my details page' and i am invited to chat online with an agent. It transpires that the flight doesn't exist but i can pay £3000 for a flight as that is the cheapest available. This is the second time i have had this happen within the last 6 months but assumed the site had a technical problem last time so went elsewhere. The site is designed to get you in and then sell a different product. Couldn't trust an operator like this so saved myself £1000 and booked direct with Emirates. These guys shouldn't be allowed to conduct business in the way they do. Beware
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,548 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    they don't have live pricing, as is the case with many third party agents. Get the people that are chasing cheap tickets...they can come out cheapest on the comparison sites. You will find the real price on the airlines website. Booking through an agent can end up costing you more
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,704 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    alephilips wrote: »
    They say they understand my point but it wasnt there fault and bla bla bla.
    At the end they havent taken any money from my credit card, so at least they are good on that. But still dont trust them at all. Anyway if i do get something I will decline that purchase straight away.
    Im wondering if anyone has had a good experience with this agency...it will really help, i was checking the prices and yesterday they called me and told me they managed to get the flight i was planning to book for 40 pounds more than what i was planning to pay. So is not bad, but im afraid to confirm that and then having a problem with them

If anyone has had a good experience and is not a fake person or bot, please come back to me it will be much appreciated.
    If you get someone (who may or may not be posting on behalf of this company i.e. a 'fake person; in your own words) who posts to say they've had a good experience, are you seriously going to go ahead and book with them?
    alephilips wrote: »
    I had the same experience, 1 minute after I purchase I received a call saying the airline run out of availability for that price so I have to pay another price, I told them that im not paying any penny extra.

I hope they dont take any money from my credit card...

I repeat dont be fool as I was.
    If I were you, I'd take your own advice ^^^^ and book direct with the airline.
    They have live prices and live availability - unlike these shonky 3rd party websites.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure