We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Have they accepted liability?

Options
13»

Comments

• thelyar
    thelyar Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    spadoosh wrote: »
    and its always seems to be in veg, might i suggest aswell 'growing your own'

Good for you, environment and youll know its clean by washing it yourself :)

It was actually in a Smoked Salmon, and Lentil Bean salad, the "salad" was minimal.

But as before, thank you for the advice!
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I didnt say dithering I said 'Mithering'

So now we all know what you want is money, cos someone told you something and suddenly th £ signs appear behind your eyelids.

nuff said.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Polmop
    Polmop Posts: 662 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    thelyar wrote: »
    It was actually in a Smoked Salmon, and Lentil Bean salad, the "salad" was minimal.

I would definately follow it up, I work for a food company and we get hundreds of complaints a week. You need a copy of the report of their findings!!!
  • thelyar
    Options
    Polmop wrote: »
    I would definately follow it up, I work for a food company and we get hundreds of complaints a week. You need a copy of the report of their findings!!!

Thank you for the advice, I will wait for the report to be received and may post back some findings, althought certain users are putting me off doing so.
  • Polmop
    Polmop Posts: 662 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you for the advice, I will wait for the report to be received and may post back some findings, althought certain users are putting me off doing so.

I can see that, sorry.
  • stephen77
    stephen77 Posts: 10,342 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

The little stone was probably in the veg and as not washed in the washing flume for fresh produce of this type. This happens every now and then. Be one or two stones in over 100,000 plus units. Which in the grand scheme of things is pretty small.
  • stephen77
    stephen77 Posts: 10,342 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

They are not putting off you getting a report.
    They are putting off that every one wants lots of money for a minor incovenience that did not cause any actual harm.
    The report is likely to be a nicely worded version of what I wrote on the above report. Even then they will not 100% know where it came from as you can not trace where a stone came from.

next time bite on the stone hard to all your teeth break, Then they will pay for your dental work if its proven M&S were liable for the damage.
  • Malory
    Malory Posts: 176 Forumite
    Options
    If you are really concerned about M&S getting a foreign object in your food and possibly causing you injury (breaking teeth or choking) don't shop there anymore - You can write them a letter saying why.

Expecting compensation for damages because of unsafe practices and then continuing to shop in the same place sounds kind of hypocritical to me.
  • thelyar
    Options
    I have recieved the report from M&S, it was small stone of Quartz that is found in the ground where the lentils in the salad are grown. The supplier admitted it was their fault and I have recieved a gesture from M&S.

I have left this for those above who left useful feedback, thank you for the advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport