We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Asda poor service, should I complain?

Options

Comments

• bribrian
    bribrian Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    Options
    Get over yourself and your fixation with spelling and grammar please you seem to have some sort of fixation with spelling and people using too many dots or exclamation marks in their posts all over this forum it may matter im your vocation but it is not the most important thing here.

It it is irritating and childish get over it and stick to the advice instead of posting always including a thinly disguised knock at others posting style or spelling everyone is fully able to use a spell checker or a browser add on for automatic checking
    Spelling is not a sign of intelligence when posting in a forum or a way of showing whether or not a customer is a big spender or valued for any reason never was and certainly is not these days.

There are many people that are unable to write correctly or spell correctly for many many difeerent (sic) reasons you may say in some of your posts that bad posting bothers YOU but that is your problem and if you are suffering OCD because of that deal with it and get off your high hores (sic)

Believe me everyone can complain and spelling is not that importamt in getting a reply or not a fantastic styled complaint letter can often have less effect from one that makes you look like a genuine first time complainer rather than one that spends their life constructing complaint templates and sending them out in the hope of discount vouchers.

People here should never be told to worry about their grammar ability when it concerns complaining , it is not a job interview and as long as your letter explains what happened without anger it makes little difference.

Wow.... after 9 posts you can judge regular posters who have over 3.5 thousand posts....:eek:
    What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about !!!
  • shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bribrian wrote: »
    Wow.... after 9 posts you can judge regular posters who have over 3.5 thousand posts....:eek:

What does a post count have to do with anything?
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • bribrian
    Options
    shellsuit wrote: »
    What does a post count have to do with anything?

Lots.... A new poster judging a regular is like judging a book by it's cover... ;)
  • Jane2112
    Jane2112 Posts: 239 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In my time I have complained about Tesco and Asda. Always in writing and to head office with a copy to the relevant branch. It is so nice to get vouchers in the post :)

The British are always being reminded that we do not complain enough. I am on a one woman campaign to redress the balance.

I hope you get a favourable result.
    Jane 2112
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,354 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thankyou jane, car to share what you complained about to tesco and asda, and what vouchers you was sent?

Jane2112 wrote: »
    In my time I have complained about Tesco and Asda. Always in writing and to head office with a copy to the relevant branch. It is so nice to get vouchers in the post :)

The British are always being reminded that we do not complain enough. I am on a one woman campaign to redress the balance.

I hope you get a favourable result.
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • johnnyblount
    johnnyblount Posts: 43 Forumite
    edited 31 January 2011 at 1:22AM
    Options
    bribrian wrote: »

The internet is a big place and dont assume that new posters here haven't rejoined or for many different reasons may have a different user name a post count means little .

Im quite up to date on what goes on here and have been a member and contributor since day one , quantity or quality of spelling or punctuation of posts means nothing and post counts should not be used or tolerated as an excuse to wander through a forum with thinly veiled bullying attempts and a misplaced idea of elitism.

Punctuation never has been and never will be a prerequisite for achieving a response from a company indeed it can make you seem aloof or an "ambulance chaser" .

Besides which the poster has history and seems to be obsessed with internet forum punctuality in a world that is now more used to the language of twittering or email texts .

Command of a language really is not a requirement for complaining certainly not spelling all supermarkets believe me know that good punctuation has little to do with expenditure or customer loyalty.

besides the mind is able to skip past most misspelling and only becomes overly important if you have an obsession with pointing it out on forums , after all everyone could if they wish use a spellchecker in any forum but its not a requirement even massive incorrections (sic) can be sorted by the brains of 55 out of a hundred supermarket managers
    Punctuation should not put anyone off , writing to a supermarket is not the same as preparing a court case :)
    [FONT=&quot]fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too. Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55
    plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The
    phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde
    Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny
    iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be
    in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it
    whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by
    istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling
    was ipmorantt![/FONT]
    The most important thing these days is 2 letters , it really does get things moving and its about time more started complaining without the misplaced worry that you need to be a good letter writer or use a template , putting your gut feeling in writing is much much more important , your complaint is not going to end up on display in a glass cabinet.
  • bribrian
    Options
    quantity or quality of spelling or punctuation of posts means nothing and post counts should not be used or tolerated as an excuse to wander through a forum with thinly veiled bullying attempts and a misplaced idea of elitism.

Punctuation never has been and never will be a prerequisite for achieving a response from a company indeed it can make you seem aloof or an "ambulance chaser" .

Besides which the poster has history and seems to be obsessed with internet forum punctuality in a world that is now more used to the language of twittering or email texts .

Command of a language really is not a requirement for complaining certainly not spelling all supermarkets believe me know that good punctuation has little to do with expenditure or customer loyalty.

besides the mind is able to skip past most misspelling and only becomes overly important if you have an obsession with pointing it out on forums , after all everyone could if they wish use a spellchecker in any forum but its not a requirement even massive incorrections (sic) can be sorted by the brains of 55 out of a hundred supermarket managers
    Punctuation should not put anyone off , writing to a supermarket is not the same as preparing a court case :)

The most important thing these days is 2 letters , it really does get things moving and its about time more started complaining without the misplaced worry that you need to be a good letter writer or use a template , putting your gut feeling in writing is much much more important , your complaint is not going to end up on display in a glass cabinet.

Obviously Zenseeker has rattled your cage at some point but it looks to me like you're the one with the spelling 'fixation'.... ;)
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The internet is a big place and dont assume that new posters here haven't rejoined or for many different reasons may have a different user name a post count means little .

Im quite up to date on what goes on here and have been a member and contributor since day one , quantity or quality of spelling or punctuation of posts means nothing and post counts should not be used or tolerated as an excuse to wander through a forum with thinly veiled bullying attempts and a misplaced idea of elitism.

Only people who can't spell, don't know how to use punctuation correctly and don't have a good grasp of the English language say that.

There's no point in writing a letter of complaint if you can't convey the meaning of the letter to the recipient.
  • sassyblue
    sassyblue Posts: 3,783 Forumite
    Options
    OP you should definitely complain, l'd have been saying something when they told you the first till was closing, normally (at Tescos) there'll tell you the till is closing AFTER YOU so you should have gone through.

And yes you should make sure spelling and grammar are as good as possible, a little different but l regularly receive job applications and it's hard work going through someones poorly written application.

I always reply to them (even if we haven't got a job advertised) but it doesn't show much commitment to receive something poor, you do wonder if that's they'd show the same attitude to work. Spell checkers are easily available. HTH

Happy moneysaving all.
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,354 Forumite
    Options
    I received a response from my complaint to Asda HQ this morning, but it was not the response I was hoping for:

Dear

Thank you for contacting ASDA regarding your recent visit to our Old Kent Road store and the numerous problems you encountered. I can certainly appreciate how frustrating this must have been for you.

At ASDA we pride ourselves in giving great service to our customers and making their shopping trips as trouble free as possible therefore I'm sorry this didn't happen on this occasion.

All of our stores should be safe and clean at all times to avoid any customer inconvenience. Even though there are times when the stores shelves need filling this should be done without causing the customer any unnecessary problems.

All colleagues should also act professionally at all times and provide warm and friendly service. They should also be able to deal with any customer issue and remain courteous throughout. They should be fully aware of the procedures in place when a voucher is presented and make all customers aware of faults with our card machines. I apologise that this was not your experience.

Please note that overnight we often have to limit the number of tills open to our customers due to staffing levels. We advise stores to do all they can to minimise any inconvenience therefore I am sorry for the problems you encountered.

All the details you've provided me have now been logged on our system. We ensure we log each customer contact accurately, as the information logged is reviewed by the business on a regular basis. This allows us to identify if there is a particular problem with the service a store is providing or an issue with a product we are selling. Rest assured all colleagues at the store will be spoken to and re-briefed on policies, procedures and the importance of delivering excellent customer service at all times.

Thank you for taking the time to bring these issues to our attention. It is only through customer contact that we can ensure the service we provide is of a high standard.

Your custom and loyalty are greatly valued and we would not want to lose them. I hope our actions help to restore your faith in our services and that we can look forward to serving you in the future.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

ASDA Service Team

Unless I am wrong, it just seems like a template letter, any thoughts???
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family