🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

FlyBE voted Best Short-Haul Airline 2011? Who are they trying to kid?

Options
2»

Comments

• Louisdf
    Louisdf Posts: 575 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Is this the most expensive domestic flight ever?:eek:

Flybe Monday 14th March Dep 7:05 arrive 8:25 (booking 3 weeks in advance)! Glasgow to Birmingham £212.72 BEFORE luggage/debit card/seat reservation charges and the cost of a taxi to airport/car parking charges due to the flight time.

A first class train ticket purchased on the day would probably be cheaper, and at least you wouldn't have to confront the hand luggage police if you dared to bring a laptop bag which could easily fit under the seat.

Who on this earth would pay that much for a domestic flight?
  • LillythePink
    Options
    They hold us to ransom over here with their prices - we don't have a lot of choice and they don't even offer us a jet service now.

While some of their pricing structure isn't purely down to them with taxes etc, it costs a lot to get off this rock even by boat!
  • moonrakerz
    moonrakerz Posts: 8,650 Forumite
    Options
    Louisdf wrote: »
    Glasgow to Birmingham £212.72...................................
    A first class train ticket purchased on the day would probably be cheaper, and at least you wouldn't have to confront the hand luggage police if you dared to bring a laptop bag which could easily fit under the seat.

I am afraid there is but one answer to this - get the train ! You can put anything under your seat then - that is, of course, assuming that you can get a seat :D
  • Louisdf
    Louisdf Posts: 575 Forumite
    Options
    moonrakerz wrote: »
    I am afraid there is but one answer to this - get the train ! You can put anything under your seat then - that is, of course, assuming that you can get a seat :D
    I'm quite certain that on Virgin first class, seat reservations come as standard. Even in economy class, seats can be reserved 24 hours before the rail journey (unlike Flybe who who charge you £5 per person, per flight.)
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    Louisdf wrote: »
    I'm quite certain that on Virgin first class, seat reservations come as standard. Even in economy class, seats can be reserved 24 hours before the rail journey (unlike Flybe who who charge you £5 per person, per flight.)

The difference between a seat reservation on a flight and a train is that the former is guaranteed, the latter is not.
    Gone ... or have I?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family