getting out at 12

hi guys i need a operation in my foot and need i say i will be getting it after i leave in 18 months after i leave the army i will be getting a triple fusion in my left foot so was wondering what and if i will be able to claim any benifits as i will not be able to work for a year and maybe never be able to walk properly again 50/50 chance of full recovery but its better than the pain the injury causes
you cant change yesterday
but you can make tomorrow better


  • Can't really advise on benefits, but my OH suggests you contact the Royal British Legion to see if they can give you any advice.
    I believe you should be entitled to some resettlement, so your Admin office should be able to advise on that.
    Have you posted on the Benefits forum? Someone there might be able to help with any possible benefit entitlements.
    From Starrystarrynight to Starrystarrynight1 and now I'm back...don't have a clue how!
  • hi if the need for your op is a result of being in the army then you may be able to claim through the armed forces compensation scheme. definatley get in touch with the british legion they are a fantastic help and a great source for answers x good luck x
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Did you know there's an MSE app?

It's free & available on iOS & Android


Regifting: good idea or not?

Add your two cents to the discussion

MSE Forum

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools