Average Bills PCM for 1 person

Options
I am due to move into my own flat and would like to know an indication on what I could expect my bills to be. (I'd rather find out before the first one comes in!)

Average bills for

Water (1 Shower a day, normal hot water, washing machine probably twice a week)

Electricity (Tv couple hours each eve, charge my laptop once a day, washing machine as above, normal cooking (assuming my cooker is electric! prob no tumble dryer though!)

Anything else I've missed (which I probably have because I really have no clue) then let me though!

Kind regards

Tom

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Water charges vary enormously from region to region and will also depend on whether you are metered or on RV billing.
    Electricity: by far the majority of your bill will be heating and hot water (assuming those are also electrically powered and not some other means). Charging your laptop really won't be more than a fraction of your bill.
    Size of flat? Heating method (storage heaters, E7, convectors)? Occupied in the day or just at night? No. of occupants? Just not enough info for anyone to even guess I'm afraid.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Gothicfairy
    Gothicfairy Posts: 3,060 Forumite
    Options
    Tom
    I would suggest calling the water company and asking them, they will be able to supply all the details of how the property is charged and if it is on a meter they can go through the details and work out what a monthly payment plan would be.
    There is a race of men that don't fit in; A race that can't stand still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will.

Robert Service
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport