New Post Advanced Search

Wanadoo Broadband problems

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
6 replies 1.1K views
doodaadogdoodaadog Forumite
9 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
has anyone else had service problems with wanadoo broadband...I have had a catalogue of connection, accounting and bad service. Their so called help line is staffed by untrained, unknowledgeable and sometimes downright unhelpful staff...thats if you can get through.

or is it me?

Replies

• I've had Wanadoo broadband for well over a year now and up until recently it has been very reliable. In the last month or so I've started to get disconnected every now and again - and often I can get the broadband connection but the wanadoo server isn't available. I'm gonna see if it improves any - if not I'll start looking around for a new ISP.:(
  • I've been with Wanadoo (formerly freeserve) for several years now and never had a single complaint about their service until the last month or so. Since then I've had frequent downtimes and periods where i couldn't access the internet at all, as well as delays in accessing their pop3 mail server. Today has been by far the worst and I haven't been able to retrieve any email for over 8 hours now and I'm getting very fed up with it :mad:

I wonder if it's anything to do with me requesting to migrate to another ISP, although that doesn't go live for another 10 days yet :confused:
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• Pat__3Pat__3 Forumite
    2.9K posts
    I've been having problems too with the connection on and off, it really gets on your nerves. I was begining to think it was something wrong with my computer, but on reading your reports here it sounds like I'm having the same problems as you guys.:( I too have been with Freeserve now Wannadoo for quite a few years and if this is how its going to be I will also have to look for another more reliable ISP if there is one.;)

Hope it all gets sorted for you guys too.:)
  • Pat__3Pat__3 Forumite
    2.9K posts
    I have been on and off of here all night the connection keeps going off and on and its driving me nuts, this last time I was off for over 1 hour its really not good enough.:mad: I will have to try and give them a ring but don't know if this will do any good. Will change ISP but just waiting on some advice.:)
  • Pat__3Pat__3 Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Just to update on this, I rang wannadoo today and told them the problem not being able to connect and was suppose to be on broadband and I think made myself pretty clear that I was well miffed about it all.

Person I spoke to Gary was really nice and helpful and asked me how old my modem was I told him roughly 2yrs and he said they would send me a new modem and all the instructions of the new install, he also said to check the cable that leads from the telephone socket to the modem as some end up going broke can't quite remember the technical jargon, but he suggested trying a proper broadband lead from the socket to the modem I told him that as far as I was concerned it was a proper broadband lead that I was using plus the usal filters on all phone lines. I just happen to have a new broadband lead spare so I will be giving this a shot until the new modem arrives which should be Saturday/Monday at the latest he said.

Will let you know if this solves my problem.:)
  • funkymonkeyfunkymonkey Forumite
    524 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Uniform Washer
    ✭✭
    ive been connected to wanadoo bb since the beggining of december and they are yet to take my direct debit - do they report on peoples credit files does anyone know?
    #113 12K in 2020 Challenge #113 £17,103/£12,000 £15000
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support