We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

T-Mobile rep about

Boohoo
Boohoo Posts: 2,413 Forumite
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
Hello.
I had a 12 month contract which ran out on 17/12/2010.
On about 10/12/2010 i asked for a PAC and was given one.
I checked my online bill on 18/12/2010 and there was a charge of £1.47 for early termination policy.Sent email and was called back and after 15 mins explaining was told t-mobile were wrong and will reimburse money.That went ok.
On 19/12/2011 i ported number over to Asda and that went throught 2 days later.
I have checked my bill online today and there is a charge for £18.72 for Notice period charge.I am out of contract and was told that when i use my PAC that will be the end of it and as i pay in advance any unused days will be reimbursed and i WILL not have to any fees apart from call/sms/data.
Can somebody explain why i have been charged for this please.

Comments

  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 2,413 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    I sent an email to t-mobile just after posting my thread and reply was someone will contact me within 24 hours.Well it is nearly that now.
    Does T-Mobile have a rep on here.I have seen Vodafone and Orange on here.
    Vince
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture
    Boohoo wrote: »
    Does T-Mobile have a rep on here.I have seen Vodafone and Orange on here.
    Vince
    Hi Boohoo,
    No T-Mobile don't have a rep on here ;)
    It's not just about the money
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 2,413 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Thank you Silk.

    Instead of an email i got a phone call from them last night when i was out having a family meal.
    It was very hard to work out what this woman was going in on about but said there was an error and that i will have to pay more not less!!!!!!!!!
    After that i asked why was told if i need anymore help call back and speak to whoever and then she hung up.
    Our family meal was ruined by then as i was really mad.
    I still dont know why i am being charged.
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture
    Hi Boohoo,
    I may be wrong on this but just reading your post I see that your contract was due to finnish 17/12/2010.
    I am not sure but I think you have to give a months notice to cancel otherwise it goes onto a one month rolling contract.
    This would mean you should have given them notice on the 17/11/2010 .....as you didn't ask for the pac or cancel till around the 10/12/2010 then you will be charged for the extra continuation of contract.
    As I say I may be wrong as I don't deal with T-Mobile but I think thats how it works ;)
    It's not just about the money
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Nobody is EVER 'out of contract'. All that happens is you complete your minimum term (the 'lock-in'). You need to give notice in month 11 to permit you to leave at the end of month 12. (It helps if you do this in tandem with your billing date).

    If your number ported BEFORE this, you'll be hit with the early termination fee,
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.