We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Argos Guarantee on Mobiles?
4013TheTune
Posts: 129 Forumite
in Mobiles
Hi all, was looking to buy the Orange San Francisco from Argos and was wondering if they offer a free 1 year standard gurantee if the phone has any faults and how long is the manufacturers warranty?
Also I've heard about some people having Wi-FI issues and if I bought the phone and a few days later it encountered the problem, would I be able to exchange it?
Thank you to whoever clears this up for me!
Also I've heard about some people having Wi-FI issues and if I bought the phone and a few days later it encountered the problem, would I be able to exchange it?
Thank you to whoever clears this up for me!
0
Comments
-
I would strongly advise you to avoid Argos if there is the slightest chance you may need to return the mobile phone, because Argos excludes mobiles from the 30 day guarantee.
I bought a mobile at the beginning of the month which I found does not work consistently, sometimes unable to receive strong enough signal to work when my old phone on the same network was fine, sometimes able to make a call, but the person at the other end cannot hear me, sometimes able to make a call, but cuts out after a while, etc.
I tried to return the phone within 4 days of purchase, along with the unused £10 top-up voucher that Argos forced me to buy with the phone, but the staff refused to take the phone back, saying they could not see a fault, and offered to book the item in for repair.
They refused to take back the unused top-up voucher, saying the voucher could have been used, even when I contacted the phone network customer services to confirm to them that the voucher had not been used.
Be prepared to have similar problems with Argos if you get wifi or other issues, and be prepared to take Argos to the Small Claims Court to try to get any refund or exchange.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards