We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Question on Android 2.2 on HTC Wildfire

fitshase
fitshase Posts: 443 Forumite
Hi - hoping someone can help.

I bought 2 HTC Wildfires from Phones4U on PAYG. Both my wife and I have contracts so we swapped the sims and all was good.

However, on my phone the contacts are under "HTC People" and on my wife's phone they are under "People". I don't have "People" on mine and she doesn't have "HTC People" on hers.

The software is the same on both phones and they are both identical.

I know it's minor but given that the menu is in alphabetical order, searching for "People" is more natural than searching for "HTC People".

Please help!

Comments

  • Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,933 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Go to menu, setting, about phone and see if the software version is the same. One may be on 2.2 and the other 2.2.1 ?
  • fitshase
    fitshase Posts: 443 Forumite
    Both are exactly the same (I held the screens side by side).

    Android Version: 2.2.1
    Baseband Version: 13.55.55.24H_3.35.20.10
    Kernel Version: 2.6.32.21-g0f9e9b5 htc-kernel@and18-2#1 Tue Nov 30 13:53:39 CST 2010
    Build Number: 2.22.405.1 CL295397 release-keys
    Software Number: 2.22.405.1
    Browser Version: Webkit 3.1
  • Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,933 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ? Humm... odd.

    Are you both on the same network? I'm guessing you are....

    Stumped to be honest. You might have more luck the HTC experts on XDA (http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=678).
  • fitshase
    fitshase Posts: 443 Forumite
    Thanks for the link Jon 01.

    We were both on Vodafone when we got the phones but now my wife is on Tesco Mobile. No changes to the menus at all when we switched.

    I'm going to do a hard reset of the phone and see if that works and then I'll put a post on the forum you mention.
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Is it possible one phone was upgraded, whereas the other did not need updating? Thats the only way I can imagine this happening.
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • fitshase
    fitshase Posts: 443 Forumite
    I don't think so. They were both bought at the same store from the same stock. Both are sim free (thereby not affected by operator software) and both started up out of the box.

    I think the only difference I can recall now is that I couldn't use the data transfer bit to get my contacts from my old phone as it was not supported so I did it through the gmail account. My wife's contacts could be transferred using the data transfer as her old phone was supported.

    I'm going to do a hard reset and try to see if that makes any difference.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.