We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
o2 on carphone warehouse changing option - what should i do?
pinkie_pie
Posts: 829 Forumite
in Mobiles
I took out a 24m contract with CPW/O2 around 14/15 months ago.
A few months later, I lost the phone and claimed on the insurance, which I ended up putting a complaint in about as they replaced the phone with a different model of the same phone, which wasn't one I'd have ever chosen, and had no choice over this. I chased this complaint up as well, but it went entirely ignored.
A friend gave me their old iphone and I phoned CPW and O2, and worked out an affordable plan. By taking out the £20 o2 sim only plan, and dropping my cpw tariff a few times (as I wouldn't be using that sim) it would work out the same as I was paying. So this is what I did, and I dropped the CPW by 5 the first month, and then over christmas I forgot to do it again, and now they've told me I can't lower the tariff anymore, despite the fact they originally told me I could drop it either two or three times (I actually can't remember which, it was at least two.)
What can i do? Is there anything I can do? After this I definitely wouldn't use cpw again, and to be honest it's a shame as I've been with them without problems for a number of years.
A few months later, I lost the phone and claimed on the insurance, which I ended up putting a complaint in about as they replaced the phone with a different model of the same phone, which wasn't one I'd have ever chosen, and had no choice over this. I chased this complaint up as well, but it went entirely ignored.
A friend gave me their old iphone and I phoned CPW and O2, and worked out an affordable plan. By taking out the £20 o2 sim only plan, and dropping my cpw tariff a few times (as I wouldn't be using that sim) it would work out the same as I was paying. So this is what I did, and I dropped the CPW by 5 the first month, and then over christmas I forgot to do it again, and now they've told me I can't lower the tariff anymore, despite the fact they originally told me I could drop it either two or three times (I actually can't remember which, it was at least two.)
What can i do? Is there anything I can do? After this I definitely wouldn't use cpw again, and to be honest it's a shame as I've been with them without problems for a number of years.
0
Comments
-
snowedunderitall wrote: »I took out a 24m contract with CPW/O2 around 14/15 months ago.
A few months later, I lost the phone and claimed on the insurance, which I ended up putting a complaint in about as they replaced the phone with a different model of the same phone, which wasn't one I'd have ever chosen, and had no choice over this. I chased this complaint up as well, but it went entirely ignored.
A friend gave me their old iphone and I phoned CPW and O2, and worked out an affordable plan. By taking out the £20 o2 sim only plan, and dropping my cpw tariff a few times (as I wouldn't be using that sim) it would work out the same as I was paying. So this is what I did, and I dropped the CPW by 5 the first month, and then over christmas I forgot to do it again, and now they've told me I can't lower the tariff anymore, despite the fact they originally told me I could drop it either two or three times (I actually can't remember which, it was at least two.)
What can i do? Is there anything I can do? After this I definitely wouldn't use cpw again, and to be honest it's a shame as I've been with them without problems for a number of years.
Hopefully the call was recorded and you can ask to hear it back !0 -
I think O2 have recently changed their standard T&Cs to only allow you to move down 1 'step' (£5) during a contact, whereas before you could move down a step a month after 9 months of a contract. Have a look at the customer forums on O2's site.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards