We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Sneakily avoid Amazon shipping fees

1234568

Comments

  • Came up with the same. Needed 14p :confused:. Cheapest it listed was 51p, but when I went to the page linked, it was either significantly more, or it was a completely different item. I guess the site no longer works properly, which is a shame. In the end, I had to browse around till I found something low-priced that I might use.

    JoseChungsDoomsday:
    Shame the site is broken :confused: It's pointless bumping this thread again till the site works properly again...
    http://www.filleritem.com/uk.html - prices are all wrong, so that 50p items are £1.50 or £2.95. And then some of the prices are not for Amazon stock, so don't qualify to reduce postage. Apart from the fact that it is still broken :mad:, it's fine :rolleyes:

    As posted above, thanks to the fact that they've dropped the limit ( for now, at least), it's much easier to qualify :D
    Jumbo

    "You may have speed, but I have momentum"
  • Nice find Martin
  • brilliant, thanks
    I have started entering competitions, lets see If I can win
    :rotfl:
  • I can confirm, the old recommended site is giving bad results, but fillerfrenzy.com/uk worked for me. Thanks for the recommendation. Now I'm getting a book and.. 10 scouring sponges!

    Strangely satisfying, paying 71p to go over the 'free' postage limit, and getting something I'll actually use as a bonus.

    They should extend this idea in supermarkets. No buy 1 get 1 free on crisps, more like buy 1 pack of crisps, get 1 milkshake free!
  • I can confirm, the old recommended site is giving bad results, but fillerfrenzy.com/uk worked for me. Thanks for the recommendation. Now I'm getting a book and.. 10 scouring sponges!

    Strangely satisfying, paying 71p to go over the 'free' postage limit, and getting something I'll actually use as a bonus.

    They should extend this idea in supermarkets. No buy 1 get 1 free on crisps, more like buy 1 pack of crisps, get 1 milkshake free!
    Slightly off-topic, but the supermarkets already do something similar - if they're doing get 5p per litre off petrol, you can bump up your spend by buying a bit extra of something you'd use anyway to reach the £50 limit.

    Mind you, I did that in Sainsbury's using a book of stamps (always good for Christmas). and then I didn't get the voucher. When I complained, I was told that stamps were excluded, but they gave me the money back for them and a hand-written 5p-off voucher anyway :D:D
    Jumbo

    "You may have speed, but I have momentum"
  • chrhup
    chrhup Posts: 5 Forumite
    mess0804 wrote: »
    This site seems to work fine for me: http://www.fillerfrenzy.com/UK/
    Works for me as well. Items as low as 2p.
  • mazza245
    mazza245 Posts: 245 Forumite
    I have just ordered £6.96 worth of books from Amazon and been charged £8.50 for p & p! Is it true that it should be free for orders over £5??? I will be furious if that's the case! Can I object to anyone?
  • KimYeovil
    KimYeovil Posts: 6,156 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    mazza245 wrote: »
    I have just ordered £6.96 worth of books from Amazon and been charged £8.50 for p & p! Is it true that it should be free for orders over £5??? I will be furious if that's the case! Can I object to anyone?

    If it was three books from marketplace sellers they would cost £8.25 (£2.75 each). The free postage is just for books bought directly from Amazon - not for books from third parties selling their books via Amazon.
  • zenseeker
    zenseeker Posts: 4,551 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Great find :) I can see me using this quite often :)
    We have removed your signature - please contact the forum team if you are not sure why - Forum Team
  • Amazon are currently offering free delivery on everything but beware. Searching through the site the prices seem to have all jumped by £1 each and the exclutions mean that if you order 10 items and 1 gets delayed then the whole parcel is held until that 1 item it ready.
    As marketplace sellers have to pay Amazon commission on every sale the cheapest way I have found to bag a bargain on Amazon is to email the marketplace sellers direct (3rd party sellers) and ask if they can do this cheaper direct. This especially works if you are buying a few items and they can save postage.
    Just some ideas!

    Oh and the price checker seems stuck at the old Amazon prices for some reason.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.