We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange contract nightmare

I took out a 24 month contract with Orange on 14th November 2010 and had my number ported (From Virgin). I checked before signing both on the website and in the shop that I would get a signal at home (Suffolk), both said 2g would be fine, in the shop they told me 3g would be too. This is not the case, not to worry, I signed up for the T-mobile shared signal... I can get full signal strength.

I have had nothing but issues since the day I signed up. Text messages are not recieved for days on end, then the back log clears, I get sometimes 35 old messages through in one go, they are fine for a few days. Then they stop again. It's the same with sending them.. This is not area specific, its been the same 65 miles away from home (Lincolnshire) and in London.

Orange saidI had to the let them try and fix it before they would consider letting me out of the contract-I was willing for them to try. They have tried everything, all phone settings, new sim card, hard reset of phone, complete reset of account, different phone. They tried sending me texts, they weren't recieved. They have gone to other networks (Virgin, T-mobile and 3) and have told me on more than one occassion it has been fixed. Apparently despite checking twice my number had ported correctly it was listed on the network as a T-mobile number. The situation still occurs, in one instance I recieved the first part of a message, the 2nd part, sent a minute later, never arrived. The messages I send also very often arrive muddled up-The first part of the message I sent is ok and the 2nd half is one from weeks ago! There was even a random one in the middle once... I have 4 bars of signal on my phone and the messages fail..

Now, I have been very patient, I have paid £45 pounds ringing from my landline. I have paid a about £40 in delivery reports to check if my messages were going (Not accurate!) When I spoke to Orange to ask to be released from my contract they tell me I have to pay arund £700 pounds!

Surely they are in breach of contract, I appreciate from time to time I would lose signal or messages would go astray, but for days on end?! I would guess I've had less days when I have service than when I don't.

Does anyone have any advice? If there is an Orange representative on this forum I would love to hear your comments too....
Thanks!

Comments

  • Hi floydgreg,

    Sorry to hear of the problems you are having. My advice would be to contact Customer Services so they can fully investigate the matter. If you are unhappy with the response you are able request to escalate your issue. To do so you will need to request to speak to a Supervisor as this is the first stage of our escalation process. As there is not always one immediately available a call back will be arranged. If this is the case request the name of the supervisor calling you back and the extension number of the CSR you have spoken to for you records.

    I hope this helps.

    Steve, Orange Helpers

    Twitter: @OrangeHelpers
    Facebook: Orange UK
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Orange. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.