We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Blackberry question
Im still considering buying a blackberry but have a question if someone can answer for me
The £5 a month fee for messenger is that something I have to pay for? my friend told me I can still access emails and messages its just that I wont be notified instead I have to check myself.
Im on pay monthly contract and want to buy a PAYG Blackberry handset and put my sim in, but dont want to pay any extra on top of my monthly bill
The £5 a month fee for messenger is that something I have to pay for? my friend told me I can still access emails and messages its just that I wont be notified instead I have to check myself.
Im on pay monthly contract and want to buy a PAYG Blackberry handset and put my sim in, but dont want to pay any extra on top of my monthly bill
0
Comments
-
As lonh as you don't want any of the purely Blackberry services (BB messenger, push email ect) you don't need the BB addon, it'll work as a phone without it. You will need a data plan if you intend to use any internet/email functions.0
-
-
Yup, if you have data on there already then you're set.0
-
-
Not quite correct, if you dont have the BB plan enabled then, as has been said, you dont get BB messanger, Push email etc, but you also can not use the BB browser for browsing the internet, you can download a 3rd party browser such as Opera to get round this though!!! Also, you wont be able to download any BB apps!!!
Basically, you may as well get an android phone if youre not prepared to pay the extra £5pm as you will loose most of the added functionality you get with a BB!!!0 -
Not quite correct, if you dont have the BB plan enabled then, as has been said, you dont get BB messanger, Push email etc, but you also can not use the BB browser for browsing the internet, you can download a 3rd party browser such as Opera to get round this though!!! Also, you wont be able to download any BB apps!!!
Basically, you may as well get an android phone if youre not prepared to pay the extra £5pm as you will loose most of the added functionality you get with a BB!!!
I dont subscribe to the Blackberry Internet Service but have downloaded Blackberry app world to my BB 8900 and the apps download and work OK. Cant remember but I think I downloaded the app world to my computer first.0 -
If you have a data plan on your contract already, call them up and ask them to change it to blackberry internet service? thats what i did, and i'm almost sure they're about the same price, so shouldnt increase your bill? ring and find out
also no point having a BB if you're not going to use it's features!This thread has me so pumped, I headbutted my dog and we both screamed.0 -
It's an additional five pounds on top I believe.If you have a data plan on your contract already, call them up and ask them to change it to blackberry internet service?0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
