We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Orange loyalty discount , help please?
Baileybobs_2
Posts: 3 Newbie
in Mobiles
Hi, I've been a customer with Orange since they came to the UK 15 years or so ago. Over all the years of price matching and excellent customer service with amazing retention deals I feel I've hit a brick wall.:(
The current tariff I have is a Panther 45 which includes unlimited texts, 50 photo messages, 1200 minutes, free home broadband, unlimited mobile internet access which works out at just under £30 per month including my insurance because of a hefty loyalty discount.
Having come to the end of my contract and currently looking at the upgrade options, as with many people I fancied an Iphone 4.
Orange claim Apple have set all UK tariffs, and no loyalty discount is available on Iphone plans. Orange certainly aren't the cheapest for comparable tariffs but would be if I applied the discount which they won't do.
I spoke to Apple this morning who have said they have nothing to do with network provider tariffs, thus my loyalty discount should still stand surely?
Any help or advice would be really appreciated
The current tariff I have is a Panther 45 which includes unlimited texts, 50 photo messages, 1200 minutes, free home broadband, unlimited mobile internet access which works out at just under £30 per month including my insurance because of a hefty loyalty discount.
Having come to the end of my contract and currently looking at the upgrade options, as with many people I fancied an Iphone 4.
Orange claim Apple have set all UK tariffs, and no loyalty discount is available on Iphone plans. Orange certainly aren't the cheapest for comparable tariffs but would be if I applied the discount which they won't do.
I spoke to Apple this morning who have said they have nothing to do with network provider tariffs, thus my loyalty discount should still stand surely?
Any help or advice would be really appreciated
0
Comments
-
Apple set the price, but they aren't going to confirm that to you. Its a contract between them and the networks (plus its at corporate level, the guys on Apple CS won't have a clue).
Just look around, the price is the same everywhere, what does that tell you ?0 -
Apple set the price, but they aren't going to confirm that to you. Its a contract between them and the networks (plus its at corporate level, the guys on Apple CS won't have a clue).
Just look around, the price is the same everywhere, what does that tell you ?
But thats my point, they aren't the same everywhere.
3 for example as seen elsewhere on this site are really competitive , my loyalty discount should apply to the network, not the tariff surely?0 -
No one gets a loyalty discount on any of the networks (well hardly ever). As they've told you Apple tell them what to change, that's it. They aren't going to change the way they work for a single customer, sorry...
If you want it cheaper than get your pac from Orange and go to 3, problem solved.0 -
Its not just about price, its the service .
I'm happy where I am with Orange but if Apple are dictating their prices and tariffs, why would they be preferential to one network over another?
Why would the other networks allow Apple to effectively price them out of the market?
I'm not asking for anything special just a deal available elslewhere on my 'home' network.
If no one gets a loyalty dicount I'd accept that, but if you have a significant reduction on a standard tariff to keep you on the network it is a still a discount whatever its title.0 -
No knows why 3 are cheaper (not that I've ever read any way). They must be cutting something somewhere that Apple don't mind about?
Your home network isn't going to match 3, you're going have to 'jump ship' if you want it for less. If you want something other than an iPhone then you'll get your discount on Orange, but you won't get both. A quick search on the Orange retentions thread will show you that.
Service isn't what it was and loyalty doesn't count for what it used to. Its all down to money, pure and simple.0 -
Orange have applied a 10% loyalty discount on iPhone plans for customers, a friend had this applied to his and his wife's upgrades to iPhone 4, this was about 3 months ago0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
