We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Phones4U Cashback deals

Jagg_2
Jagg_2 Posts: 18 Forumite
Has anyone used Phones4U'd cashback redemption deals? There's not alot of information around regarding them and I was just wondering whether they're as safe as e2save, etc.

I know they have another company, dialaphone but they're cashback system is slighty different.

Comments

  • Fortyfoot
    Fortyfoot Posts: 1,963 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Phones4u are probably the best, I did use e2save but they always disputed my claims by saying they had not received them.

    I have now been with phones4u for two years now, a bit more expensive but less risk.

    Fortyfoot
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Far less. Also Mobiles2yourdoor (is Phones4u). Unfortunately no good deals for about 18 months though. Apart from the retail stores (avoid!) they were FAR safer and better than any cpw company when they did have excellent cashback deals.

    However, I would recommend you do a lot more research about cashback deals - because if you even have to ask such a question it means you haven't done nearly enough.
  • Jagg_2
    Jagg_2 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Fortyfoot wrote: »
    Phones4u are probably the best, I did use e2save but they always disputed my claims by saying they had not received them.

    I have now been with phones4u for two years now, a bit more expensive but less risk.

    Fortyfoot

    How exaclty do you claim cashback? Send in the specified bill on the dates required with a certificate they provide? When do you get this certificate? Do you get it before each redemption date? Has there ever been any delays in recieving the certificate?
  • korny88
    korny88 Posts: 122 Forumite
    Hi,

    I had one with Phones4u about 18 months ago. They were very good, they sent all the claim forms on time, and when one didn't come, I told them and they sent one out a few days later. This was the process back then, I couldn't tell you if that is still the same. For example, e2save don't need a claim form anymore they just make you send the bill in.

    HTH
  • Fortyfoot
    Fortyfoot Posts: 1,963 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Jagg wrote: »
    How exactly do you claim cashback? Send in the specified bill on the dates required with a certificate they provide? When do you get this certificate? Do you get it before each redemption date? Has there ever been any delays in receiving the certificate?
    Yes. The first certificate comes with the contract documents if I remember correctly, the rest come with the cheques in good time for the next claim.

    Fortyfoot
  • Jagg_2
    Jagg_2 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Fortyfoot wrote: »
    Yes. The first certificate comes with the contract documents if I remember correctly, the rest come with the cheques in good time for the next claim.

    Fortyfoot

    Hmm.. if for some reason one was to miss one of the cashback cheques, where would they get the certificates for the following cheques?
  • Jagg_2
    Jagg_2 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Also, anyone had any problems using the likes of quidco and topcashback with phones4u cashback deals?
  • Jagg_2
    Jagg_2 Posts: 18 Forumite
    10 characters
  • Jagg_2
    Jagg_2 Posts: 18 Forumite
    To qualify for your Chequeback, you must:

    • Have a live contract with the network you were connected to at the time you bought your qualifying contract handset and tariff
    • Have continued to use this network and tariff up to and including the start of the qualification period
    • Have made full payment for the goods purchased at the point of connection


    What do they mean by "Have a live contract with the network you were connected to at the time you bought your qualifying contract handset and tarif" - Does that mean I need to already be on an o2 contract?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.