Storage Heaters??

Options
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Just wondering if anyone can help us...

Our electricity company have just said our bills will be £98 per month from next month. Apparently our monthly usage is around £65 - we've been paying £31 per month previously on their advise / estimation - and we can’t work out why it's so high! We’re not there all day, the only electrical items left on are things like the freezer, but our daily usage is around 12 units and our night usage 13. We have economy 7 and try to do all our washing at night.

The only thing we can think of is that for the past few weeks since it’s turned cold, we’ve had our 3 storage heaters on – only on low, just to keep condensation off the windows. Would that be doing it? We thought they charged at night and released the heat during the day. Is there a more economical way of using them, other than turning them off and freezing??

:cry:
[/FONT]

Comments

• Shedgirl
    Shedgirl Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    I know what you mean. I pay £93 a month and my wee cottage is baltic, except for the living room with a multi fuel stove. I have 3 storage heaters, which are never on. They are hopeless if you live in an old uninsulated property to be honest. In fact I had a chap round today from the council to give me advice on insulation and heating and I'm going for radiators running off a solid fuel range in the kitchen. Large initial outlay but at least I'll be warm in my old age! All fuel is going through the roof. Sorry but the lack of nuclear power proposals for the future worry me too....having said all that, give your supplier a ring and have your meter/system checked out to ensure that you are on the right tarrif. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure