We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Excel/Word on Android ?
Hi
Currently looking at the HTC Desire HD but leaning to the HTC HD2 because of Windows & I used an old pda alot for Excel & Word on windows 5 .
Is there a way of using Excel & Word Documents on Android ?
Also I have Copilot8 from my Winmo 5 will this work on Android ? ( some hope I expect
)
Currently looking at the HTC Desire HD but leaning to the HTC HD2 because of Windows & I used an old pda alot for Excel & Word on windows 5 .
Is there a way of using Excel & Word Documents on Android ?
Also I have Copilot8 from my Winmo 5 will this work on Android ? ( some hope I expect
0
Comments
-
Is there a way of using Excel & Word Documents on Android ?
There are various programs you can use - from quickoffice to documents to go - How good they are I don't know as I don't do any document editing on my phone, just viewing...0 -
It is really quite easy to put Android on the HD2. It runs off the SD card, so once you've finished with it/want to go back to Windows Mobile, simply reboot the phone and all is back to normal.
You then have the benefits of Windows Mobile as well as Android on one device.The quickest way to become a millionaire is start off as a billionaire and go into the airline business.
Richard Branson0 -
Quickoffice comes with Android 2.1 and 2.2 and maybe earlier. I don't use it though as I could never really get on with Pocket Word and Excel on my two Windows mobile PDA's.0
-
Documents to go lets you edit and write word docs and excel0
-
Hi
Currently looking at the HTC Desire HD but leaning to the HTC HD2 because of Windows & I used an old pda alot for Excel & Word on windows 5 .
Is there a way of using Excel & Word Documents on Android ?
Also I have Copilot8 from my Winmo 5 will this work on Android ? ( some hope I expect
)
You can put android on the HD2, then you can see if you like it before switching, i've personally moved to using android on my HD2 full time. It'll take quite a bit of reading and some risk. You're experience will generally depend on the rom you've installed.0 -
You can put android on the HD2, then you can see if you like it before switching, i've personally moved to using android on my HD2 full time. It'll take quite a bit of reading and some risk. You're experience will generally depend on the rom you've installed.
As I do not have the slightest clue how to even approach that I think I will leave well alone ! but thank you for the thought
0 -
HD2 runs WinMo 6.5 doesn't it?
Hell in that case, you can boot WinXP or Win98 from a micro SD card on the HD, using the SDCard as "the C drive" and leaving your phone's OS untouched so it would be perfectly possible to run the full desktop versions of any office apps.
Short version is you run an OS emulator, which lets you boot to a "drive".
Designate the SDCard as this drive (card has a windows image), and you can use the card as a C drive, with windows, windows programs etc.. all "installed" to the SDCard, and windows running on top of, but wholly separate from, Win-Mo.
A 1ghz processor won't give you a pro gaming pc-like experience, it'll probably be as sluggish as your average netbook but it'll run stuff like office programs, 2d image editing like photoshop, & all those weird little programs that you could never hope to replicate in the normal smartphone manner.
When I finally get a powerful enough, and touch-screen phone I'll definitely be doing this. Just a thought
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards