We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange PAYG doubled the prices without notice !!!!

AristoCat_2
AristoCat_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
edited 15 January 2011 at 3:19PM in Mobiles
I was using a Orange payg on the Camel package for the last year per international calls with the prices 0.05 per landline and 0.10 per mobile.

As i topped up before xmas and I finished my credit very fast I checked online and they changed the price plan to double the prices without any notice!!! (you knoe apparently get 60 free minutes if you top up by £10 but the calls are 0.10 and 0.20 ... and if you just top up by 5 you get nothing ... just double prices) ... I made my calculations and you are worse off now

Shouldn't they let payg customers know that they are changing the plan?

Comments

  • Incyder
    Incyder Posts: 2,016 Forumite
    I don't like orange for many reasons including poor signal, limited function control over answerfone options.

    I always have 3 phones. 1 for general use 1 for work, 1 spare in just in case.

    I have settled on 1 t-mobile, 2 voda, 3 voda.

    very happy for over 3 yrs and no problems.
  • I have 1 with 3 for cheap uk minutes (£15 contract) and an orange for international calls... will have to switch, annoying that they haven't said anything
  • simax
    simax Posts: 1,980 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    AristoCat wrote: »
    Shouldn't they let payg customers know that they are changing the plan?

    They did. Several months ago. By text.
    I spent 25 years in the mobile industry, from 1994 to 2019. Worked for indies as well as the big networks, in their stores also in contact centres. I also hold a degree in telecoms engineering so I like to think I know what I’m talking about 😂
  • Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,933 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    simax wrote: »
    They did. Several months ago. By text.


    I'm sure I had one quite a while back?

    Did you perhaps see the message header saying 'Message from Orange...' and just delete it thinking was a marketing ?
  • both me and my husband have payg with orange for that plan ... didn't get any message on both
  • Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,933 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    AristoCat wrote: »
    both me and my husband have payg with orange for that plan ... didn't get any message on both


    But are you on the Camel plan?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.