We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Porting my number from Vodafone to Three (Need help please)
Hello,
I was hoping if anyone can give me some advise.
I took a new contract out with Three on the 8th Jan and ported my number over from Vodafone. Since the porting no one can call or text me. (Apart from Three, or my dad who is also on Three)
When calling from my BT landline it says 'The number you have dialed has not been recognised'. When calling from a o2 mobile it says: 'Number not in use' on screen.
I called several times and passed around departments, they finally said 'It is because vodafone hasn't fully released my number'. They also said they will contact vodafone daily but are not currently responding.
I can call or text anyone fine, and my number appears on their phone.
Can anyone help? I don't know what to do.
Thank you
I was hoping if anyone can give me some advise.
I took a new contract out with Three on the 8th Jan and ported my number over from Vodafone. Since the porting no one can call or text me. (Apart from Three, or my dad who is also on Three)
When calling from my BT landline it says 'The number you have dialed has not been recognised'. When calling from a o2 mobile it says: 'Number not in use' on screen.
I called several times and passed around departments, they finally said 'It is because vodafone hasn't fully released my number'. They also said they will contact vodafone daily but are not currently responding.
I can call or text anyone fine, and my number appears on their phone.
Can anyone help? I don't know what to do.
Thank you
0
Comments
-
Sounds like a porting error. Not much you can do. The network support teams at Voda and 3 will have to trace the error and correct it, until that happens you're stuck...
Not what you want to hear I know, sorry.0 -
This is Vodafones fault ! They havent set the onward routing to three. Call Vodafone and ask them to raise a fault to their porting team. When ever I have dealt with them on a professional level then they are very good and quick !0
-
tazdevil01985 wrote: »This is Vodafones fault ! They havent set the onward routing to three. Call Vodafone and ask them to raise a fault to their porting team. When ever I have dealt with them on a professional level then they are very good and quick !
I gave vodafone a call, but the porting team is closed on sunday. I will try again tomorrow.
Thanks for the advise0 -
-
Hi sshum,
I can appreciate how awkward this is for you.
The one thing I cannot do on a forum is get a look at your account if this hasn’t yet been sorted. If you pop to this quick form and enter your details, with WRT135 in the subject line and your post or a link to this thread copied into the main body, we’ll be able to see what’s happened from this end for you.
I’m sure we can get this tidied up.
DaveN
Web Relations Team
Vodafone UK“Official Company Representative
I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
