We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Help me please advice needed!!!!

Hi, I have had my N8 Nokia smashed on the floor at home and it had completely died, I think the screen has leaked through and it is now not even powering up. I have had it on contract from October with vodaphone but cancelled the insurance ( I know, it seemed a good idea at the time :( ) I also do not have accidential cover on my home insurance due to costs. Does anyone have any idea what I can do? I do miss my N8 and now am left paying £30 a month for a sim! I know its eay to be wise after the event, but any suggestions would be gratefully recieved.
"Six by nine. Forty two." "That's it. That's all there is."
"I always thought something was fundamentally wrong with the universe" :idea:

Comments

  • starrystarry
    starrystarry Posts: 2,481 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Save up for a new one? See if you can get one second hand or reconditioned?
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    So, if you were driving without insurance and wrote your car off what would you do? You're actually paying for the phone bundle and that is what you still have. Buy a cheap phone and all you've lost is the original hardware.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi Corsa Lady,

    It's disappointing to hear of the situation you are in. If you email into us here http://goo.gl/P6xuL with WRT135 in the title and we will see if there is anything we can do.

    Many thanks,

    Andy
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Go to CPW.

    Buy a dirt cheap unlocked mobile plus a throwaway £10 sim.

    Use cheap mobile with your N8 sim in till you have saved enough to buy a replacement.
  • Have you considered getting a quote for repair? It probably won't be cheap but it'll definitely be less than you'd pay for a new phone.
  • Corsa_Lady wrote: »
    Hi, I have had my N8 Nokia smashed on the floor at home and it had completely died, I think the screen has leaked through and it is now not even powering up. I have had it on contract from October with vodaphone but cancelled the insurance ( I know, it seemed a good idea at the time :( ) I also do not have accidential cover on my home insurance due to costs. Does anyone have any idea what I can do? I do miss my N8 and now am left paying £30 a month for a sim! I know its eay to be wise after the event, but any suggestions would be gratefully recieved.
    got to agree with mobilejunkie there like, whilst your dilemma is unfortunate and I know what you feel like when you didn't continue the insurance, you're stuck really, I'd say your only option is 2nd hand from eBay you should get one on a "buy now" format for about £75(ish) or just go with a cheaper 2nd hand phone at least you've got the sim running (I'd only buy from a UK seller) and you may get one for a bargain knock down price in an auction however my experience shows this is rare but achievable if you plug away at it and get some cash off your old phone from mazuma mobile etc
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.