We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Didn't receive phone from Three

fawinds
fawinds Posts: 372 Forumite
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
Hi there. I applied on Friday 7th January for a Three contract phone. They sent me an email advising the handset and SIM would be delivered on Monday.

Nothing arrived on Monday, nor Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or today.
Since a Three Direct Debit payment already shows on my HSBC account seen online, I have contacted Three and they say their records show the handset has been delivered.

Any advise on what my position should be? I know I can cancel the DD with the bank, but it is a 24 month contract @ £35 per month. If I do not pay, it will affect my credit rating. What options are there available for me? I know I can get a replacement SIM from Three, but will they give me a replacement handset? What if they have delivered the phone to the wrong address?

Thanks in advance for your views.

Comments

  • S0litaire
    S0litaire Posts: 3,535 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    They usually give you a tracking number.

    Depending on who they use, you should be able to use the tracking number to see what's happened to the mobile.
    Get on to the courier company and ask them for proof the mobile was delivered to your address.

    Then get on to three. Tell them you have NOT received the phone and ask them to put a block onto the mobile, to stop it being used.
    Laters

    Sol

    "Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"
  • fawinds
    fawinds Posts: 372 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    OK ,so I'll get Three to tell me what courier they have used and then will ask the courier for proof of delivery. My only concern about this is that they have delivered the mobile to a neighbour and have a signed document. Chances are Three will consider that proof of delivery and I will be left alone to deal with the neighbour.
  • S0litaire
    S0litaire Posts: 3,535 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    If it was not delivered to your address they should have put a slip through the door saying who they left it with...

    If it was a Royal Mail/Parcel Force or a big courier company, then they would not have left it with a neighbour. They would have taken it back to the depot and they would have left notice and tried again the next day.
    Laters

    Sol

    "Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"
  • fitshase
    fitshase Posts: 443 Forumite
    I had a similar thing with three. I had changed my address for billing as I had moved to a new place (old place was in the North East, I now live in Essex so not exactly around the corner).

    They posted my phone to my old house. I phoned 3 up to say I hadn't received my handset and they said according to their records it was delivered! I queried this as I work from home and hadn't left the house all day as I was expecting my new phone. After a lot of hassle on the phone, they finally confirmed which address they had sent it to - they couldn't tell me the address due to "data protection" so I read my address and they said "no". I then said my old address and they said "yes".

    I asked why they had sent it to an address I changed over 6 months ago and they said that was the address which was on the system. I then asked them in that case, why had they sent bills to my current billing address but then send the phone to a different address. The woman couldn't answer that and asked if I could not "go around and collect my phone from the old address!"

    I pointed out that it was about 300 miles and in any case, why should I have to do that when it was their mistake! They eventually relented and agreed to send a new phone to my current address and then had the cheek to ask if I could go to my old address and collect the other phone and send it back to them! I obviously said no so they said they would have to block it. I told them I didn't really care what they did with it as long as I got my phone!

    I would check the address it was posted to if you have moved in the last 1 - 2 years.
  • How do you know it was left with a neighbour? Do you have a card that says it?

    Unless you specified when you ordered the phone that you would like it left with a neighbour if you were out when the phone was delivered, the courier company is at fault as a sub-supplier to Three, and Three is responsible for resolving this with you as they are the supplier to you. So they have to send you a new one if it was left with a person who was not you and you had not asked them to do so.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.