We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Upgrading 6 months early on an orange contract....
fight_the_power_3
Posts: 1 Newbie
in Mobiles
Hi all.
I have an orange 24 month contract which is just over £15 p/m. I get 100 inclusive minutes and unlimited texts.
I have worked out that on average (due to my appalling self management!) my bill has been £50 per month.
In other words, so far, in the 18 months I have been with them I should have gave orange £280 (if I stayed within my contract), whereas I have actually paid near on £800! Obviously through no fault of theirs.
However my very average Samsung phone is on its last legs.
Does anyone think I should be able to begin a new contract earlier, whereby cancelling the one I have now. I would still be with Orange.
Orange will definitely have made their money from me!
Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated
I have an orange 24 month contract which is just over £15 p/m. I get 100 inclusive minutes and unlimited texts.
I have worked out that on average (due to my appalling self management!) my bill has been £50 per month.
In other words, so far, in the 18 months I have been with them I should have gave orange £280 (if I stayed within my contract), whereas I have actually paid near on £800! Obviously through no fault of theirs.
However my very average Samsung phone is on its last legs.
Does anyone think I should be able to begin a new contract earlier, whereby cancelling the one I have now. I would still be with Orange.
Orange will definitely have made their money from me!
Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated
0
Comments
-
fight_the_power wrote: »Hi all.
I have an orange 24 month contract which is just over £15 p/m. I get 100 inclusive minutes and unlimited texts.
I have worked out that on average (due to my appalling self management!) my bill has been £50 per month.
In other words, so far, in the 18 months I have been with them I should have gave orange £280 (if I stayed within my contract), whereas I have actually paid near on £800! Obviously through no fault of theirs.
However my very average Samsung phone is on its last legs.
Does anyone think I should be able to begin a new contract earlier, whereby cancelling the one I have now. I would still be with Orange.
Orange will definitely have made their money from me!
Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated
This is only usually possible by adding the remaining months of your existing contract to any new contract, so you wouldn't be 'let off' the 6 months.
A better idea would be to ask about changing your tariff to more inclusive minutes/texts to keep the bill down.0 -
I've never heard of anyone being able to upgrade before the 3 month mark no matter what they spend.
And, as stated above, if you do upgrade early, the remaining months are added to the end of the new contract. So a new 24 monther will really run 27 months. I can't see a phone lasting that long !!0 -
I've never heard of anyone being able to upgrade before the 3 month mark no matter what they spend.
And, as stated above, if you do upgrade early, the remaining months are added to the end of the new contract. So a new 24 monther will really run 27 months. I can't see a phone lasting that long !!
They used to if you were prepared to pay the upgrade fee Max of £300 On 12 month contracts (I used to love them :cool:) Depending on when you upgraded if u timed it right you could make money from it0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
