We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Exchange of Phones?
Hi there guys!
I bought a phone from Carphone Warehouse for £100, a Samsung Galaxy Europa. I was very happy with it until battery started dying quickly, I had repeated text messages from people and I was missing a lot from other people. So I took this back to the shop within the 28 days and they gave me a replacement of the model. I got the replacement phone mid-to end of November.
It was okay for another week or so until it started playing up again but started being really ill for weeks so I couldnt quite sort it out then. When I managed to sort it out 2 weeks later, I went back and they said that it would be sent off to repairs and I would be left without a phone. I thought no, Ill just keep it instead and hope it improves.
And obviously it didn't. I just received 50 text messages today from the last week alone, I missed my best friends engagement party and were late for work several times cos I didn't get the texts and vice versa, no-one got my texts. So Im rather furious really!
I'm going back to the shop tomorrow to explain all this and demand an exchange of a phone, even if its cheaper, because as far as I can see, even a repair of this phone isn't going to make a difference as it seems to be an internal problem from the manufacturer. Am I within my rights to demand a functional phone or will I have to be objected to several repairs of the phone which is clearly not going to work?
If you can help, cheers!
I bought a phone from Carphone Warehouse for £100, a Samsung Galaxy Europa. I was very happy with it until battery started dying quickly, I had repeated text messages from people and I was missing a lot from other people. So I took this back to the shop within the 28 days and they gave me a replacement of the model. I got the replacement phone mid-to end of November.
It was okay for another week or so until it started playing up again but started being really ill for weeks so I couldnt quite sort it out then. When I managed to sort it out 2 weeks later, I went back and they said that it would be sent off to repairs and I would be left without a phone. I thought no, Ill just keep it instead and hope it improves.
And obviously it didn't. I just received 50 text messages today from the last week alone, I missed my best friends engagement party and were late for work several times cos I didn't get the texts and vice versa, no-one got my texts. So Im rather furious really!
I'm going back to the shop tomorrow to explain all this and demand an exchange of a phone, even if its cheaper, because as far as I can see, even a repair of this phone isn't going to make a difference as it seems to be an internal problem from the manufacturer. Am I within my rights to demand a functional phone or will I have to be objected to several repairs of the phone which is clearly not going to work?
If you can help, cheers!
0
Comments
-
The retailer is perfectly within their rights to offer a repair over an exchange.
I don't understand how you've come to the conclusion a repair won't work - the phone was probably manufactured months ago and has been sitting in the shop since then. Therefore, there could even be a simple firmware update which could fix the problem. I think it's a bit unfair to totally disregard the chance to repair it.The quickest way to become a millionaire is start off as a billionaire and go into the airline business.
Richard Branson0 -
, I went back and they said that it would be sent off to repairs and I would be left without a phone. I thought no, Ill just keep it instead and hope it improves.
Is that not refusing a repair ?
Agree that you should at least update the software and or factory reset .,
battery not lasting usually due to lots of apps ON my SGS lost 50% overnight due to a number of apps on instead of its normal 2% drain .
Spare battery and genuine .
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/sbs-trading/m.html
jje0 -
Basically I have researched into this and there is NO known solution for this problem from Samsung hence why I rejected the repair.
And the battery issue is fine on the 2nd phone but I still experience MAJOR issues with texts and such. A easy google search reveals that a lot of people have had the same problem with this phone and there's no solution from Samsung as of yet.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards