We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange - my first haggle

lorraine_9
lorraine_9 Posts: 66 Forumite
edited 13 January 2011 at 7:21PM in Mobiles
Just thought I would let you guys know that I tried my first bit of mobile phone haggling today :j

On Orange I was eventually offered:

500 mins (200 more than Panther 30)
500MB internet
unlimited email
50 picture messages
£30 off 1st bill
free BB Bold
Orange Sat Nav
and my magic numbers every 6 months.

all for £28pm for 24 months.

I'm pretty pleased with this considering this afternoon they wanted £49.99 for the phone.

Really I just wanted someone to tell me whether this was a good deal as it was the best I could manage.

Lorraine

Comments

  • its a good one considering its from one of the rip of companies (vodafone, o2 /orange /t mobile)
    try 3 and give them what they offered you and see what they can do..and dont worry about coverage...they have gone a long way ahead since their problems in early days .

    i been with them for many year and this year i decided to try my luck with the big 4....
    got terrified by the offers given and even more terrified when i said i would take 2 contracts ..one for me one for my wife... all i got was asmall, not noticable discount
  • Is that as a new customer or through retentions?
    This thread has me so pumped, I headbutted my dog and we both screamed.
  • Is this any good? Not sure if this is the handset your looking for

    Also on Orange
    600 mins
    Unlimited txts
    750mb internet
    Unlimited bb
    24 months
    £28.08pm

    http://www.phones4u.co.uk/shop/shop_contract_details.asp?ItemKey=423608&MPItemKey=445727&NetKey=4

    Hope this helps!
  • RICK... wrote: »
    Is that as a new customer or through retentions?

    Hi Rick

    This is a new customer...

    Lorraine
  • Radsteral wrote: »
    its a good one considering its from one of the rip of companies (vodafone, o2 /orange /t mobile)
    try 3 and give them what they offered you and see what they can do..and dont worry about coverage...they have gone a long way ahead since their problems in early days .

    i been with them for many year and this year i decided to try my luck with the big 4....
    got terrified by the offers given and even more terrified when i said i would take 2 contracts ..one for me one for my wife... all i got was asmall, not noticable discount


    My sister has 2 contracts with Orange and they wouldnt give her any discount for adding me as a Third... so I opted for my own contract and got a better deal

    Lorraine
  • Is this any good? Not sure if this is the handset your looking for

    Also on Orange
    600 mins
    Unlimited txts
    750mb internet
    Unlimited bb
    24 months
    £28.08pm

    http://www.phones4u.co.uk/shop/shop_contract_details.asp?ItemKey=423608&MPItemKey=445727&NetKey=4

    Hope this helps!

    ooo. This is better than I got! Handset is on its way now so will just take what i have rather than send it back, thank you for looking though as I now know I can do better with more research :T

    Lorraine
  • chadwicksmith
    chadwicksmith Posts: 73 Forumite
    edited 14 January 2011 at 6:40PM
    lorraine_9 wrote: »
    ooo. This is better than I got! Handset is on its way now so will just take what i have rather than send it back, thank you for looking though as I now know I can do better with more research :T

    Lorraine

    No problem..

    I would send it back if they can't give you a better deal than this.. they are not doing you any favours so don't do them one
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.