We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

meet me at the cross roads

13

Comments

  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,636
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Hintza wrote: »
    In South Africa you get four way stops at crossroads and you take it in turns to make your manouvre, much more civilised.

    They have something slightly similar in London, they are four way goes.
  • Rossy.
    Rossy. Posts: 2,484 Forumite
    dacouch wrote: »
    They have something slightly similar in London, they are four way goes.

    I think it's more "Every man for himself"

    Love driving in London. Always guaranteed to get c*nted off at some point

    When i drove busses in Central London i used to love it. Never used my single finger salute so much
    If Adam and Eve were created first
    .Does that mean we are all inbred
  • Gene_Hunt_2
    Gene_Hunt_2 Posts: 3,902 Forumite
    Rossy. wrote: »
    When i drove busses in Central London i used to love it.

    Now really, I don't want to argue but the other day you said it was stressful.
  • debsy42
    debsy42 Posts: 1,763
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    While I was in the States recently I encountered this quite a lot, the rule over there is whoever arrived at the crossroads first goes first, was very civilised !!
    ITV Winners Club #87 :eek:
  • Gene_Hunt_2
    Gene_Hunt_2 Posts: 3,902 Forumite
    debsy42 wrote: »
    While I was in the States recently I encountered this quite a lot, the rule over there is whoever arrived at the crossroads first goes first, was very civilised !!


    So is turning right at red lights.
  • Rossy.
    Rossy. Posts: 2,484 Forumite
    Gene_Hunt wrote: »
    Now really, I don't want to argue but the other day you said it was stressful.

    Don't make me get uncle Bri onto you
    If Adam and Eve were created first
    .Does that mean we are all inbred
  • Gene_Hunt_2
    Gene_Hunt_2 Posts: 3,902 Forumite
    Rossy. wrote: »
    Don't make me get uncle Bri onto you


    Sorry, I'll delete it if it offends.

    I thought from the title he was looking for a fight.
  • Rossy.
    Rossy. Posts: 2,484 Forumite
    Gene_Hunt wrote: »
    Sorry, I'll delete it if it offends.

    I thought from the title he was looking for a fight.

    lol!

    Reminds me of when someone offers you out

    "meet me outside in 5 mins, i'll knock the !!!!!! out of you"

    Yeah of course you will mate.
    If Adam and Eve were created first
    .Does that mean we are all inbred
  • Gene_Hunt_2
    Gene_Hunt_2 Posts: 3,902 Forumite
    Rossy. wrote: »
    lol!

    Reminds me of when someone offers you out

    "meet me outside in 5 mins, i'll knock the !!!!!! out of you"

    Yeah of course you will mate.


    Someone said they'd kill me the other day but won't name the place.
  • leosayer
    leosayer Posts: 922
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I always thought that the first driver to reach the give way had priority, but I don't know where I got that from.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.