We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Damaged I-phone - your thoughts?
Hello,
I'm 9 months into an 18 month contract with orange for my lovely Iphone 3GS. Due to an unfortunate "droppage incident" the screen is now smashed. It's not insured.
Having phoned Orange, the nice lady told me it's £173 for a replacement handset. I told her I'd think about it. I should have stayed on the line and asked some more questions but it was a premium rate mobile number and I scarpered too fast.
If anyone has any experience of this could you let me know - Is the Iphone Sim locked to an Iphone? I'm thinking of buying a cheapy £10 unlocked handset (not an iphone) and putting my sim in at and riding out the rest of my contract until upgrade time. It would teach me a valuable lesson about insurance...
thanks for reading x
I'm 9 months into an 18 month contract with orange for my lovely Iphone 3GS. Due to an unfortunate "droppage incident" the screen is now smashed. It's not insured.
Having phoned Orange, the nice lady told me it's £173 for a replacement handset. I told her I'd think about it. I should have stayed on the line and asked some more questions but it was a premium rate mobile number and I scarpered too fast.
If anyone has any experience of this could you let me know - Is the Iphone Sim locked to an Iphone? I'm thinking of buying a cheapy £10 unlocked handset (not an iphone) and putting my sim in at and riding out the rest of my contract until upgrade time. It would teach me a valuable lesson about insurance...
thanks for reading x
0
Comments
-
There are companies that will fix it for less than £50
e.g. http://www.mobileease.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=39&gclid=CLzChNXCt6YCFY4f4Qod_CNBIQ
Or if you fancy attempting it yourself
http://www.gadget-extras.com/Mobile_phones-Apple-iPhone_3GS/352/screen-replacement-kit.html0 -
The Apple Store charge £120 to just fix yours in store I think.0
-
Thank you both!0
-
I sent my phone to Mobileease.co.uk and they wont respond to emails or talk to me on the phone... BEWARE
I have given the guy a deadline to contact me by monday or im reporting him to the police for theft
anyone using mobileease.co.uk i'd think twice:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards