We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Help please mobile experts
I have just taken out a contract with virgin mobile my plan includes data usage of 500gb per month does this allow alot of use? anyway all my services are with virgin media and when at home my phone connects via my virgin wifi when using my own wifi does it come out of my data allowance as that would suggest I am paying virgin twice . I keep getting conflicting advice I did ask a virgin representative however Iam not sure she knew what he was on about either. any advice greatly appreciated:D
0
Comments
-
If you're using your own wifi it free, its not coming out of your data allowance.
As how much 500 gb is. . .It depends on what you're doing with it. If you're sending the odd email or browsing once or twice a week it's stacks. If you're watching youtube for a hour on the bus home every night you'll use it in a few days at most.0 -
If you're using your own wifi it free, its not coming out of your data allowance.
As how much 500 gb is. . .It depends on what you're doing with it. If you're sending the odd email or browsing once or twice a week it's stacks. If you're watching youtube for a hour on the bus home every night you'll use it in a few days at most.
No I just use it to check my emails not for downloading or anything but I do browse and use facebook for upto a few hour per day but I use it mainly at home0 -
Then you have more then enough data at 500 gb.
One thing to bare in mind. If you've set the phone to auto check for new email. If you set it for checking every few minute (or I've seen it set to seconds!). Even if there's no mail the phone still has to send the login info every time it checks. This will use data when you're out and about and will rack up quite a bit of usage over a month (if it's set to minutes/seconds). . .0 -
An update of spacebook, my rss feeds, weather/stocks etc takes 5 mb of data on my Android phone.
(3G watchdog is the app)0 -
I use free Traffic Counter from the market and set to notify when limit approaches .
jje0 -
Think I have because it tells me when I get a email not sure how to change this or how I put it on in the 1st placeThen you have more then enough data at 500 gb.
One thing to bare in mind. If you've set the phone to auto check for new email. If you set it for checking every few minute (or I've seen it set to seconds!). Even if there's no mail the phone still has to send the login info every time it checks. This will use data when you're out and about and will rack up quite a bit of usage over a month (if it's set to minutes/seconds). . .0 -
Which handset do you have?0
-
and one thing to bear in mind....is it 500GB or 500MB they're allowing?
as far as wi-fi etc then your fine as others say (I have a virgin blackberry came with 500mb a month)Philnicandamy's OH and mum to a two year old god help me!
:p
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
