We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Tmobile Repairs

Right im sorta getting stuck here on where I stand as no one from tmobile isnt really helping.
I've had my contract with T-Mob for almost a pretty much a year now.
All through-out the year my HTC Hero keeps on breaking, and all they do is repair it. Its now gone back to repair and according to their policy the 4th time it goes back, it gets replaced)...apparently.

3/4 times of going into repair they have given me a loan phone which barely works, when its out of repair and breaks again alot of the time I cannot take the phone in for reapir because their out of loan phones which means I got a nice paperweight which I can use apart from recieving phone calls(you cant use the screen).

So during that time im losing my phone 2 weeks at a time at a minimum+times I cant take it back and I'm still paying the contract.
So technically im paying £64+ for pretty much nothing.

Now next month they are offering me an upgrade, I dont see why it should take upto an upgrade to sort this problem out. Am I eligable for any of my money back? or anything else for that matter?
Cheers Tommy.

Comments

  • Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,933 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    they can offer you a repair or a replacement, but the choice is up to them. As along as they keep offering to repair there's not a lot you can do. (sorry)
  • Problem you face is loan phones are subject to Avilability however if you are not given one CS will refund line rental ASLONG as you do not use the phone at all (as in if you find a phone and put your sim in it and use it).

    Repair process unfortunatly is offered by all networks and I know not all the networks give free loan phones when i sent my Nokia in for repair with o2 they wanted to charge for the loan phone service (charge as in no refund when the loan phone is returned) and Voda wouldnt give me one for my iPhone as i didn't have insurance with them.

    To be fair if you want you can cut T-Mobile out of the picture and send it back directly to HTC if you're unhappy with their service. It's a repair no matter what path you go down.

    Other than that try sympathising with a Manager
  • Right after I posted that message on here a bit of a merical happened, called up T-Mobs 150 and 2 hours later(most of the time being on hold and transfered back and forth) they said on the next bill due to call back and they will refund the last 2 months contract also when I recieve my handset back, if they dont change it to call back and they will arrange to change for another model/phone.

    Just think i've been on the phone to tmob for months trying to get them to do this.
    Thanks for your replies :)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.