We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

i phone

di1606
di1606 Posts: 19 Forumite
What is the best i phone deal at the moment please. I am currently with Voda but out of contract

Comments

  • deano72_2
    deano72_2 Posts: 786 Forumite
    so far it has to be 3,im torn between voda & 3 at the mo,i have both at the mo & depending on the the coverage/performance with 3 will determine which one il go with...just little word of warning,if you get a call from the voda sales lot & they say there £35 pm is unlimted data,it aint,its 500mb
  • I'm also looking into the 3 One Plan deal, it's very good, my only worry is whether i'll able to use the damn thing with the network's track record.
    :P

    As my contract is up for renewal, i was hoping T-Mobile would do me a good deal but they won't budge on their tariffs.
  • TrishaM
    TrishaM Posts: 654 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I have an o2 simplicity sim in my 1phone 4, 700mins 1400 texts unlimited data and o2 to o2 free £20 per month
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,890 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    I'm imminiently out of contract with Vodafone too. The best offer seems to be buying the iPhone 4 from the Apple store for £510 and then getting a SIM only deal for around the £10 mark - maybe Vodafone will match the 3 tarrif? This is what I'm going to try. The advantage is that the tariff would only be 12 months...
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    I'm also looking into the 3 One Plan deal, it's very good, my only worry is whether i'll able to use the damn thing with the network's track record.

    3 are a lot better than they were, I use a 3 sim in my iPad and use it pretty much all along the east side of the country (basically from Edinburgh to London) and it has been surprisingly good.
    Probably better from a 3G signal point of view then T-Mobile (which I have in my iPhone).
    ====
  • I've been using giff gaff on my iphone - love it.. pop onto their website and take a look u can do the monthly 'goody bags' or like me just payg..
    Hope it helps
  • rachbc
    rachbc Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    I'd keep trying to get vodaphone to shift..I rang o2 this morning to ask for my pac to port to 3 and they matched the 3 £30 a month tarif and gave me a 3gs for nowt
    People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • TrishaM wrote: »
    I have an o2 simplicity sim in my 1phone 4, 700mins 1400 texts unlimited data and o2 to o2 free £20 per month

    How did you get this deal may I ask? :)

    I'm currently with 02 simplicity microsim in my iphone 4, 300 min, unlimited text, o2 to o2 free calls NO DATA, £15 month.

    I'd transferred this tariff onto a micro sim so I could use my new i phone 4 but when I ring up to ask for a tariff with data they say I have to take off my o2 to o2 bolt on and switch to a new tariff. How did you get data and the o2 to o2 bolt on together?!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.