We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Add your feedback on gadget Recycler Sainsbury's

Former_MSE_Archna
Former_MSE_Archna Posts: 1,903 Forumite
500 Posts
edited 11 January 2011 at 10:28PM in Mobiles
This is a feedback thread on old mobile buying firm

Sainsbury's Recycling
Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
  • Was it fast and efficient?
  • Did you get your cash promptly?
  • Did you have any problems?
  • Did it pay what it said it would?
The feedback comes as part of the





articlealert.gif

Comments

  • I sent a phone away to sainsburys recycle thinking it's a big reputable company, so the risk would be smaller than other companies.

    I was quoted £46 for a sony ericsson c905 in perfect working condition. Since the quote and the phone being sent in, the price in now £37.

    I was finally paid £35.15 - They took 5% off because of 'a couple of scratches to the back plastic cover'.

    Ridiculous. Not only did they not honour the original quote, they further reduced it because of a couple hairline scratches! Their initial quote should reflect the fact they are RECYCLING USED PHONES, not brand new ones!!!

    Not happy at all with Sainsburys Recycle and have lodged a complaint about my order.

    I suggest everyone steer well clear of them.....:mad:
  • DO NOT USE SAINSBURYS RECYCLE!!

    I was originally quoted £55 for recycling my old Blackberry Bold 9000, but eventually received only £34.88. The phone was in perfect condition, no cracks or scratches anywhere on the phone. When I called and asked for an explanation, they told me that when tested by the 'technical department' the screen resolution and pixels on the display did not reach a certain standard.

    There was nothing wrong with the colours or the screen when I sent it off. It was as good as the day I bought it. Very disappointed with this company. I will never use it again and would advise others to stay well clear of it too. :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.