We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Virgin - any good??

claireac
claireac Posts: 983 Forumite
As my title says really!

I've been with Vodaphone for many years, but my contract is up next month. I've been looking around as will be going on maternity leave this year and need to save some pennies (well £'s but pennies are a start!!). If I go with Virgin I can get a really good deal as an existing phone/tv/broadband customer - half the price of Voda!

My only reservation is that dh went with them a few years ago and the coverage wasn't great, what are they like now??

I've checked signal coverage for my area on their website and all came back as excellent or good.

Wwyd??

Comments

  • *Kat*
    *Kat* Posts: 1,829
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Nah, my BF doesn't get ANY coverage in our flat - he has to keep his phone beside the window to wiat for calls/texts lol. (we live in Edinburgh so pretty covered)
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    They always used to use T-Mobile to carry their signal, so coverage should be okay (depending where you live). I think T-Mobile and Orange have merged now, so if subscribers have access to Orange transceivers the signal will be better than before (maybe T-Mobile only let their own customers use the Orange transceivers, though - I'm not sure).

    As for customer service, etc., I've found Virgin and Vodafone to be heads above the likes of T-Mobile, and a fair bit better than O2 too...
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Still TMobile as the VN . No use of Orange network as well at present .

    jje
  • snowy128
    snowy128 Posts: 11 Forumite
    I'm in the process of switching from Virgin to Vodafone, but I really would recommend Virgin in every aspect EXCEPT from coverage. I used to live in London where it was fine (except indoors about half the time). I then moved up to Leeds and had absolutely awful reception.

    Real shame, VM are the only company I've had a consistently good customer service experience with. Far better than 3 or Orange.

    Check their coverage - if you don't travel too much, or if they have good reception in areas you do, I'd certainly think about going with them.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.