We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Phone stolen, numbers called/text/data during this tiem?!
Someone please help me
I had my phone stolen last month on the *sorry the 11th December*
I called Orange the same night but there was no answer so waited until Sunday morning.
During this time they have racked up...
£60 worth of calls...
04:17 447912547080 Mobile Text Messaging text Unld texts y 0:00:00 0.000
04:24 09828739910 talk n 0:03:34 1.518
04:31 69444 #Multimedia Services Sent text n 0:00:00 0.100
04:31 69444 #Multimedia Services Recd text n 0:00:00 1.500
04:31 69444 #Multimedia Services Sent text n 0:00:00 0.100
04:33 69444 #Multimedia Services Sent text n 0:00:00 0.100
04:34 09828739910 talk n 0:08:38 3.673
04:39 69444 #Multimedia Services Recd text n 0:00:00 1.500
04:46 09828739910 talk n 0:10:12 4.340
04:57 69222 #Multimedia Services Sent text n 0:00:00 0.100
04:57 69222 #Multimedia Services Recd text n 0:00:00 1.500
05:10 09828739910 talk n 0:20:10 8.581
05:30 09828739910 talk n 0:20:05 8.545
05:51 09828739910 talk n 0:20:05 8.545
06:11 09828739910 talk n 0:06:42 2.851
06:18 447973100123 Orange Answering Service talk n 0:00:08 0.000
Please help. What can I do?
I had my phone stolen last month on the *sorry the 11th December*
I called Orange the same night but there was no answer so waited until Sunday morning.
During this time they have racked up...
£60 worth of calls...
04:17 447912547080 Mobile Text Messaging text Unld texts y 0:00:00 0.000
04:24 09828739910 talk n 0:03:34 1.518
04:31 69444 #Multimedia Services Sent text n 0:00:00 0.100
04:31 69444 #Multimedia Services Recd text n 0:00:00 1.500
04:31 69444 #Multimedia Services Sent text n 0:00:00 0.100
04:33 69444 #Multimedia Services Sent text n 0:00:00 0.100
04:34 09828739910 talk n 0:08:38 3.673
04:39 69444 #Multimedia Services Recd text n 0:00:00 1.500
04:46 09828739910 talk n 0:10:12 4.340
04:57 69222 #Multimedia Services Sent text n 0:00:00 0.100
04:57 69222 #Multimedia Services Recd text n 0:00:00 1.500
05:10 09828739910 talk n 0:20:10 8.581
05:30 09828739910 talk n 0:20:05 8.545
05:51 09828739910 talk n 0:20:05 8.545
06:11 09828739910 talk n 0:06:42 2.851
06:18 447973100123 Orange Answering Service talk n 0:00:08 0.000
Please help. What can I do?
0
Comments
-
10th December = Friday....not reported stolen until Sunday 12th December.
You'll be responsible for any spend up until the point the network has been advised stolen etc.
Personally, I would have done anything/everything possible to ensure that the network was advised about the missing phone, from the very minute that I discovered it missing.
Sad it happened to you....but not a great deal of sympathy I'm afraid. At least one WHOLE day passed before informing the network (and probably nearer two!)0 -
Well...that's my fault casue it was saturday night it was taken not friday *edits*
Also, I'm not quite sure what else I could've done other than call the network to let them know? If they didn't pick up the phone...maybe I should've teleported to their offices and informed them that way at 11pm. Would've worked grand.
Also, I called from my boyfriends contract phone the second I got home (after finidng the correct phone number) which will be on his phone bill that I did call them prior to these calls being made.0 -
Someone please help me
I had my phone stolen last month on the 10th December
I called Orange the same night but there was no answer so waited until Sunday morning.
During this time they have racked up...
£60 worth of calls...
Please help. What can I do?
You need to speak to Orange to see what options there are, if any.
Strictly speaking, you are responsible for any charges incurred before the phone/SIM is reported stolen.
Assuming you called the correct number, if there was an extraordinary high volume of calls that night, they may be willing to make a concession.
Also, in the wake of this, it's worth reviewing your security on the device. Did you have both a phone and SIM PIN enabled? This can prevent all but the most determined from accessing your device/line.0 -
If you couldn't get through to the network, you could also have reported the theft to the police. They wouldn't have done anything about the actual theft, but you would have at least had a time/date stamped crime reference number that you could use as evidence that you tried to take appropriate steps to make a report to Orange.0
-
If you couldn't get through to the network, you could also have reported the theft to the police. They wouldn't have done anything about the actual theft, but you would have at least had a time/date stamped crime reference number that you could use as evidence that you tried to take appropriate steps to make a report to Orange.
Beat me to it.0 -
to save having to repeat the same helpful and useful comments wouldn't it be an idea to have it stuck somewhere?0
-
weee, got my mum to call orange - they weren't going to help at all but then she told them we have the phone bill from the same night where I tried to call and htey just said they'd waive them
woot 0 -
to save having to repeat the same helpful and useful comments wouldn't it be an idea to have it stuck somewhere?
Like on the front screen of every phone .
Plus at the airport a big sign saying Data Roaming etc etc racks up big bills .
jje0 -
well done Kat's mum0
-
Have you reported the theft to the police? They can get subscriber checks done for the numbers called after the theft occurred, to assist them in tracing the person who made the calls.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards