We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Have I got a leg to stand on???
Vodafone on 2 seperate occasions told me I can upgrade early (as phone is broken and non-repairable due to a technical fault on the phone which was not my fault!!)
They told me twice over the phone that I could upgrade to a iphone4 for free with no change to my contract all I need to do is go online from the 7th and I would be able to do it. I went online and they are asking for a minimum of £269 ti stick with my normal contract. I phoned and asked them but they said their colleagues must have given wrong information!!!!:mad:
Anything I can do?????
They told me twice over the phone that I could upgrade to a iphone4 for free with no change to my contract all I need to do is go online from the 7th and I would be able to do it. I went online and they are asking for a minimum of £269 ti stick with my normal contract. I phoned and asked them but they said their colleagues must have given wrong information!!!!:mad:
Anything I can do?????
0
Comments
-
Apart from trying again, no. The basic law of contract is that there is not one until an offer and acceptance have been formalised and that has not happened in your case.
The offer, if such was actually made by an authorised person, was not deemed to have been accepted by you and the contract made. They are therefore free to make any other offer they choose, which they have done.0 -
Hi pjjafc,
I can understand the frustration here.
If this is still unresolved, then if you send me an email through the form here, quoting WRT135 in the subject line and including copy of your post or a link to this thread in the subject, I'll be happy to see what's going on for you.
I can't give any guarantees, but I'm happy to take a look.
DaveN
Web Relations Team
Vodafone UK“Official Company Representative
I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards