We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Done up like a Kipper.

Hello,
A lot of you will think "What a Mug",thought I was on a £15 a month contract when I actually on £30 a month.I never check bank statements unless a lot of money goes out in one hit which I dont know about.I will paste letter I have sent to vodaphone,and would appreciate any advice anyone can offer,is it worth fighting.

Hello,
Spoke to one of your reps today with regards to my online bil.Tim employee no 3553.I have found out that up until December 2010 I have been paying £30 per month without a phone for 600 minutes and unlimited texts per month,when I beleived I was paying £15 per month.I also have another line which I was paying £15 per month 600 minutes and unlimited texts.I have never received a contract through the post,and when signing up for the contract was told it would be £15 per month.It is quite plain that I would not knowingly pay double for the same service.I beleive your calls are recorded so it should be easy to clarify.Please let me know if you intend to rectify this or if not,the next stage of escalation.Thanks.

Comments

  • Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,933
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    You haven't said how long this has been going on for ?

    As a rule all of the networks will only refund 3 months back, as they state that you should be checking your statements monthly and alerting them to any errors.
  • gjchester
    gjchester Posts: 5,741 Forumite
    bigboyblue wrote: »
    It is quite plain that I would not knowingly pay double for the same service.


    Not hugely relevent but contracts and allowances change frequently.

    Depending on when they are taken out and what offers are on at the time it's entirely possbile you COULD be paying the double for the same allowance on different contracts

    Wether You would and if you realised when signing up is another matter.
  • c-m
    c-m Posts: 771
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    When i was with vodafone they offered me a new contract with 3 months free rental. Got my new phone and a few months later realised that they had not applied the free three months. They claimed that they never offered it. I called their head office and told them that it was a misrepresentation that induced me into the contract and that i would be making a claim against them. They let me return the phone and cancelled my contract without penalty.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi bigboyblue

    Finding out you're paying more than you thought is never a good thing.

    I'd like to look into this for you to see what we can do to help. If you send me an email from here with WRT135 in the subject line (so it routes straight to my team) we'll investigate this for you. Make sure when you send the email that you you include a link to this thread in the body of the text.

    I hope to speak to you soon.

    Kirsty
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Hi BigBoyBlue
    Done up like a kipper is exactly what I feel like.
    Has anyone out there had the same as me?


    On Wednesday 17th November I received a call from Vodaphone saying that , as a valued existing customer they could offer me a deal on the HTC wildfire phone. The rep went to great lengths to explain that this was a very special deal and so I spoke with him for quite a while to establish the ‘deal’

    The package sounded excellent - I was offered and accepted ; 300 min, unlimited text and 500mb of internet access for £12.50 per month. I took 2 x HTC phones on this contract. My son and his friend were with me and heard my whole conversation – My son was excited as one was for him.

    I particularly clarified the internet access because these are smart phones and I knew they would be used to browse the internet by the users. I definitely would not have taken any new phone without an internet package.

    I recently logged onto my online account to find that WAP costs are being incurred daily on both phones.
    I phoned Vodaphone and they said I did not have any internet package on these phones.

    I have checked my paper work and can now see my mistake is that when I received your paperwork there were three items in the package; 300 minutes, Unlimited texts and Vodaphone Passport. – Ok so I must seem like a plonker – but I did not look too closely at this and wrongly assumed this ‘vodaphone passport’ was branding for the data bundle.

    Never the less – I know the contract I was sold

    I asked Vodaphone to check the call as they would have recorded it, but guess what? – they say it would have been deleted. I bet it would suddenly appear if it proved their case!

    And as I am over the 7 days, vodaphone say the contract stands.

    Has anyone else out there had this experience??
    What is the law regarding what is said and accepted over the phone??
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi Johnom,

    I can certainly understand why this situation has left you feeling frustrated.

    I’m keen to look into this for you and ensure that you are receiving the deal that you were initially offered, so that I can look into this for you, could you email me via the Web Relations Team and include WRT135 in the subject line. Once I have received your email I will investigate further and get back to you as soon as possible.

    I look forward to hearing from you,

    Espi
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Smart phone users without a data contract beware!!!!

    Did you know that the default settings on the HTC Wildfire ( and maybe all other smart phones?) allow it to log onto the internet for updates, etc once a day.

    So if you do not have a data package and you do not switch the WEP off then you get charged 83.3 pence per day EVERY DAY!!

    So my £12.50 bargain turns into at least £35 per month

    What bugs me is that the ‘Experts’ who are selling you the package do not mention this – they are just desperate to sell you a phone contract. It was only when I queried why these charges were appearing every day that the Vodaphone person explained why. (they then suggested I switch off the data connection)

    Okay so some of you may think that I should know about data settings. – But why should I? – “you don’t know what you don’t know”. And I do not claim to be a multi billion pound mobile expert.

    And remember I thought I had a data package anyway, so why would I want to mess with my WEP settings.

    I had run up about £30 in data charges before I knew what was happening, and Vodaphone’s response :– A £10 credit on account and an offer to charge me £5 per phone to get a data package.

    Pretty sharp sales practice – so be warned.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.