Can I change my daily withdrawal limit on a Current Account?

Options
2»

Comments

• abby1234519
    abby1234519 Posts: 1,961 Forumite
    Options
    jambosans wrote: »
    I've never heard of such a thing. Perhaps in the realms of the super-rich where a banking "relationship" is on a more even keel, but for us mere mortals, the bank writes the T&C's, we agree to them, otherwise, tough tattie.

Well it does exist as I discovered this morning.

I spoke to my bank and had arranged a daily and weekly limit of cash withdrawals and debit payments.

Unless I notify them in a weeks advance. So my weekly limit is £48 as thats what my loan divided by 17 weeks is after paying my rent and Decembers that I owed.

If I need to make a debit payment to pay the bills (everyone gives me the money) I have to get it authorised. Yes it sounds like a pain, but when you are bipolar and are trying to control those moments where you go a bit mental its handy.

My ex boyfriend has a similar thing on his account, he was the one who told me about it.
    Money money money.

Debt
    Dec 2016: [STRIKE]£25,158.71[/STRIKE] £21,999.99

#28 Pay off debt in 2017 £3803.55
  • jambosans
    jambosans Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    Options
    Well it does exist as I discovered this morning.

You have not entered into a contract for these services, and I would assume your bank can withdraw them at anytime. My previous point still stands, unless you're saying you've drafted a contractual agreement that circumvents the bank's T&C's which has been signed off by your banks risk team?
    Anything I post is my opinion, so from time to time I may be wrong. I try to provide answers based in fact, however I don't know everything, so (like all posters on MSE), take what I say with a pinch of salt.
  • abby1234519
    abby1234519 Posts: 1,961 Forumite
    Options
    jambosans wrote: »
    You have not entered into a contract for these services, and I would assume your bank can withdraw them at anytime. My previous point still stands, unless you're saying you've drafted a contractual agreement that circumvents the bank's T&C's which has been signed off by your banks risk team?

I took my letters from the psych to prove I was in need of it and I have a letter signed by myself and the branch manager agreeing to the terms and conditions that I asked for. If I want to remove them I have to go in with a letter.
    Money money money.

Debt
    Dec 2016: [STRIKE]£25,158.71[/STRIKE] £21,999.99

#28 Pay off debt in 2017 £3803.55
  • sharpy2010
    sharpy2010 Posts: 2,471 Forumite
    Options
    There is indeed a daily number of card transactions that can go through, before the card becomes blocked. With HBOS it is 8. Try using your card 9 times and see what happens. They'll put the next 2 through manually, and then you cannot use the card AT ALL until the following day.

Source: I work there.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    sharpy2010 wrote: »
    There is indeed a daily number of card transactions that can go through, before the card becomes blocked. With HBOS it is 8. Try using your card 9 times and see what happens. They'll put the next 2 through manually, and then you cannot use the card AT ALL until the following day.

yep happens at TSB (15 transactions)
  • jambosans
    jambosans Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    Options

We're going to have to agree to disagree, as I can't source my information, and neither can you.

Which means absolutely nothing on an anonymous forum.
    Anything I post is my opinion, so from time to time I may be wrong. I try to provide answers based in fact, however I don't know everything, so (like all posters on MSE), take what I say with a pinch of salt.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure