House of Fraser Store Card

Options
I've had a house of fraser store card for many years, from when it was run by GE banking. 9 out of 10 times I had always pay my bill on time. Since it went over to Santander I'd get phone calls and threatening letters as soon my payment date was missed! They have never really bothered me as I've looked at them as being my fault for being a bit slacking.

Recently got a letter saying I had gone over my credit limit. My credit limit is £250. They said that were going to charge me £12 penalty for that. I think thats the last straw for me with this card.

I made two transactions on the same day in store, 1 for £175, and 1 for £80. Now my question is shouldnt my 2nd transaction got rejected, as it would of ment me going over my limit??

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Comments

• USM
    USM Posts: 317 Forumite
    Options
    Not really, no. It's your responsibility to spend within your credit limit.
  • PNPSUKNET
    PNPSUKNET Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    Options
    it saved you the embarisment of a decline in store
  • withabix
    withabix Posts: 9,508 Forumite
    Options
    A least Santander let you know when you're going to be charged.

GE just used to add the charge onto your next statement.

As for declining transactions, you knew your limit and exceeded it. Your fault.
    British Ex-pat in British Columbia!
  • ironlady2022
    ironlady2022 Posts: 1,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Every company handles things differently. Whether it be in the form of a letter or phonecall, if you knowingley go over, you must expect these calls. Every credit card charges for going over your limit, any late payments or unpaid direct debits, and this is written into your contract.
  • banker2public
    Options
    I have been a customer of H o F for over 30 years and the other day I received a letter from Santander advising me that my account is being closed no big reason as to why, the only reason they gave me was they were reviewing accounts, therefore I have written to their Customer Service Team to complain, anyone else had the same problem.

:mad:
  • Dr_Cuckoo3
    Dr_Cuckoo3 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    Options
    I have been a customer of H o F for over 30 years and the other day I received a letter from Santander advising me that my account is being closed no big reason as to why, the only reason they gave me was they were reviewing accounts, therefore I have written to their Customer Service Team to complain, anyone else had the same problem.

:mad:

Santander Cards UK Limited have stopped issuing House of Fraser storecards

http://www.houseoffrasercards.co.uk/cards/en/account_card.html

It is likely that they are closing all House of Fraser storecards

Santander Cards UK Limited have already closed BHS and Mothercare cards

Daft of them to buy the GE Capital storecard portfolio - they have closed down a lot of their accounts
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure