We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

FREE DVD from PLAY.COM :-D

1…2728303233…49

Comments

  • ciaron
    ciaron Posts: 14 Forumite
    Just got my second code, went to the offer site but nothing listed!

    Luckily my choice was already in my basket (I'd tried using "TOKEN" just after I got the first email) however its "out of stock" but the voucher worked, order went through at £0.00

    I was actually on the phone to Play at the time and the woman I spoke to explained that should be ok I won't be charged. She also said that if your first email didn't work to give them a ring because they can authorise purchases on a case by case basis. Just argue the fact that you purchased the paper to get the codes so they should honour the agreement.
  • NicolaC
    NicolaC Posts: 268 Forumite
    Ooo no sooner did I have a whinge... and it turned up. Ordered a Very Long Engagement. it was the only one showing, but one of the ones I'll gladly recieve.

    :o)
    Most things in life are beyond our control,
    for everything else there is a spreadsheet
    ;)
    :D son#1 born 04/01/09 :D
    :D son#2 born 20/08/11 :D
  • cdbrown
    cdbrown Posts: 224 Forumite
    Got the only one available. It's free and I reckon the wife will enjoy it.
  • s30jok
    s30jok Posts: 329 Forumite
    I have just tried it and it worked okay for me, okay there was only one title left "the long engagement" but if its FREE I'll have it.
    Wins so Far: 21" lcd monitor, 6 day all expenses paid holiday to China, 8800GTX gfx card, 2x Panasonic cameras, 12 cups and Loads of Twix's, Coffee Lovers Hamper - Wild bean cafe. TomTom (upto value of £200) Aviva Car Insurance
  • Angel_Eyes
    Angel_Eyes Posts: 3,713
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I don't seem to beable to get to checkout without giving Credit card details, have you all given your card details?
  • rchddap1
    rchddap1 Posts: 5,926 Forumite
    finally got the right code....went for the one I originally wanted. the engagement one just doesn't quite do it for me.
    Baby Year 1: Oh dear...on the move

    Lily contracted Strep B Meningitis Dec 2006 :eek: Now seemingly a normal little monster. :beer:
    Love to my two angels that I will never forget.
  • NicolaC
    NicolaC Posts: 268 Forumite
    I logged in under my usual name as I've used them before.
    Most things in life are beyond our control,
    for everything else there is a spreadsheet
    ;)
    :D son#1 born 04/01/09 :D
    :D son#2 born 20/08/11 :D
  • DPT_2
    DPT_2 Posts: 59 Forumite
    Well i am already a member of play.com. But yes i did have to register my credit card details, even before making a purchase.
  • Mal27
    Mal27 Posts: 84 Forumite
    jmarko wrote:
    :rolleyes: Merry Christmas to you too! :rolleyes:
    Just pointing out the obvious. This forum is so biased towards consumers, with little regards for the company that has to absorb the abuse. I genuinely like MSE, but when I see people making negative statements about a company's reputation simply because they having trouble coping with something like this, then I feel a requirement to at least point out they are suffering from a form of fraud.
  • greyster
    greyster Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Angel_Eyes wrote:
    I don't seem to beable to get to checkout without giving Credit card details, have you all given your card details?

    Yes, even though its free.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.