eon central heating care plan and customer service...no thanks !

Options

Comments

• chowley
    Options
    I could rant all night about the dreadful service that this company offer.
    I have a story too of failed appointments, failed parts, failed attempts to fix my boiler and differing stories as to why this is.

It includes the story of a ‘vulnerable person’ ( over 70) who has been left without heating and hot water since the 16th of December (Yes, December it is not a misprint!)

After a series of premium rate phone calls which have cost us a fortune we are still no nearer to resolving the matter and as I write this, I am sitting again waiting for a Joseph to phone me back because the engineer has again failed to turn up. Twice we rang today to check he was coming!! As the clock creeps ever nearer 8pm (I don’t hold out much hope!). It's now nearer 9 and he didn't ring back! Joy I will have to go on hold again in my lunch hour tomorrow!!!!Argh!!!!

I would like a swift end to this matter including my boiler fixing satisfactorily and some compensation for the astronomical phone bills which we have encountered and the wasted time sitting in waiting for engineers who don’t arrive. In their terms and conditions it states they charge for failure to gain access well what about failure to turn up?

Help, we don't know what to do next? We still have no heating and water, but they say we can't get someone independent in!!!
  • ram.bhojani
    Options
    Well I will be seeing Eon in court soon, Ridiculous customer service, the service field manager who replied to my solicitors letter couldn't eve spell. They just Don't care I have been without central heating and hot water since October 2010, still no resolution. Eon claim nothing to do with them even though all the problems started after they did a power flush because I had problems with 2/16 radiators! The power flush has caused a leak underground and they don't want to know.
  • Skylark74
    Skylark74 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    OMG... I totally agree that e.on are a waste of space when it comes to their CH CARE PLAN... think they named it incorrectly. They do now have a system in place to prioritise infants, elederly or disabled. I've had enough after trying today to arrange a call out for my broken boiler... I tried to cancel my policy an suddenly I was offered an early one. But to be honest I've had enough and cancelled thought they claim I'll have to pay for the full year!!! I've written a letter of complaint (when I did so last time they did reply to be fair). I no longer trust them so I'm off to use a local plumber. Good Luck everyone!
  • gne552
    Options
    the reason eon customer service take so long to answer is because they all follow the same "let me see if i could make you any savings..." script and when really, every person who works on customer service is targeted on how much they can sell you (like central heating care, cavity wall, loft insulation, etc...) and not for their actual customer service. i've worked there and its was a joke. Im not even a disgruntled worker because generally they treat the staff quite well i just think the way they treat their customers is is a joke
  • CLIVELESTER
    Options
    :(

I contacted EON customer services & was informed that not only could they match the tariff I was on with existing supplier they would also provide central heating service contract for year at same price. After numerous e-mails the agent that made the offer denied he had ever spoken with me even though he gave his name on initial call. When I provided exact time I called & length of call to the second said unfortunately the call was not recorded, how very convenient ! EON are a total waste of space in my opinion.
  • Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    An interesting twist on this.

Spoke to E.On yesterday.
    They have something they call Landlord Central Heating Package.

£20 a month Direct Debit, and you get a "free" annual inspection and a Gas Safety Certificate. I don't think annual Electricity Safety Certificate is a legal requirement, other than the one off building works inspection. You also get emergency callout repairs, but presumably at best effort.

For the landlord, the Gas Safety Certificate could be anything from £50 upwards, and I have paid £120 once, because no other work was involved, so I was paying for the housecall. So, for the landlord, you pass the buck to E.On when the heating doesn't work. It's a worthless maintenance contract because they will let you down when it's cold, but the landlord plays innocent and blames E.On . Assume you were getting standalone certificate for £100 anyway, getting the package for £120 means you get to pass the buck for £20 a year.

Also, if gas leaks, and the tenant dies, you can wave a E.On badged contract and safety certificate at the judge. Get out of jail free for £20 extra.

• Landlord_T
    Options
    DO NOT USE EON BOILER CARE! DO NOT USE EON BOILER CARE! DO NOT USE EON BOILER CARE!
    I have been a landlord for many years and used multiple boiler maintenance providers and so can authoritatively say that they are by far the worst.
    They have a policy of simply saying that any work that needs carrying out is greater than the boiler is worth and so Beyond Economical Repair. They have their own arbitrary way of working out the value of the boiler (based on age and their definition of condition) and if the repairs are greater than this value they say you must replace the boiler.
    In addition to this they will say that the appliance appears tampered with and so will honour no claim. You have no recourse against their judgement of the boiler being tampered with (why would someone tamper with a boiler that has an maintenance contract to fix it?).
    Their help centre are unhelpful, rude and dismissive. In summary I would strongly advise that you NEVER use EON as they are terrible (in my experience).
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Landlord_T

I'm sorry you've been unhappy with the service you've received from our Central Heating teams in the past.

It's difficult to comment in any great degree without more specific info. However, if you drop an email to the address in my Profile with details of your particular grievances, I'll be happy to discuss your complaints with our Central Heating managers.

All our engineers are Gas Safe qualified and will not deliberately mis-lead customers when diagnosing boiler faults.

We also have a robust complaints procedure in place to deal with any customer dis-satisfaction. It may be we need to take you down this road.

As I say, difficult to say without more specifics.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Landlord_T
    Options
    I am using the E.ON complaints procedure now and find it as useless as the maintenance service. I was promised a response in 5 days yet did not receive one and have had to call through on more than a dozen occasions all to no avail. 3 weeks and counting...

I have since replaced the boiler as I could not wait any longer for E.ON. to work out if it a repair was liable or money should be given for a replacement. I will be moving all my rental property boiler contracts to another provider and will warn everyone in my landlord association about the diabolical service I have suffered from E.ON.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Landlord_T

I’ve spoken with a senior manager in our Central Heating section and passed on your comments.

I think, between us, we’ve managed to track down your particular complaint given the info available.

If we’re correct, it looks as though we’ll be sending a full report through to you shortly. This is being compiled with the assistance of a third party who help us look after our landlord cover.

I understand our agents have contacted you several times (the last time on Friday?) to advise we’re awaiting this report.

Of course, if we’re looking at the wrong complaint, this could be totally wrong.

Please accept my apologies if this is the case. As I said in a previous response, difficult to say without more specifics.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure