Disgraceful behaviour by MBNA

Options

Comments

• fozmcfc
    fozmcfc Posts: 3,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    You have a variable APR, they have varied it, get over it.

Don't like it, tell them you don't accept it, close the card and pay it off at your current APR rate.

You have basically very little rights, they can choose whether or not they want you as a customer and at any time can end the agreement without any reason given.
  • Taff73
    Taff73 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    As stated in my previous reply, stand up to them, more people do that the better. Card is payed off, but will keep pushing for a result and answer, however long it takes.
  • Hax
    Hax Posts: 890 Forumite
    Options
    Taff73 wrote: »
    As stated in my previous reply, stand up to them, more people do that the better. Card is payed off, but will keep pushing for a result and answer, however long it takes.

You have two other cards - they may just see you as having too much available credit compared to your income and therefore perceive you as a bad risk. Maybe they've changed their internal scoring lately. The number that you have paid money for is meaningless.

End of the day, they are the ones loaning the money and they do so on their terms.
    My posts are my own opinions based on my experiences and info gathered from sites such as this.
    They are not a substitute for professional financial advice - but you knew that already didn't you? ;)
    VSP 2011 - Member #25 - Started 6th December 2010 - Total As Of 4th May 2011 (21 weeks in!) - £323.67/£500 - So far so good!
  • newleaf
    newleaf Posts: 3,132 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I love MBNA! They are always offering me new 0% deals and I have just done my last BT to them. This time next year I will be debt free at last :D
    Official DFW Nerd No 096 - Proud to have dealt with my debt!
  • fozmcfc
    fozmcfc Posts: 3,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Yep me too plenty of offers. Just hope people don't come here and get put off when they see over the top rants by individuals.

Many around here say that MBNA backed cards are by far the most generous when it comes to repeat and new offers to existing customers.
  • chattychappy
    Options
    The matter has been passed to the Financial Ombudsman services and also BBC watch dog.

Great - so you're going to clog up the ombudsman with your baseless complaint which will get in the way of people with REAL complaints about financial services.
    I am also in the process of setting up a web site, which will point out the robbing ways of MBNA. The more customers I can put off from MBNA the better.

It would be a real pity if people are put off dealing with MBNA properly. Ie understanding what they offer and making an informed decision.
    when you speak with them on the phone, they are ignorant as...........

People who get 950 of Experian and think it means something?
  • Taff73
    Options
    Great - so you're going to clog up the ombudsman with your baseless complaint which will get in the way of people with REAL complaints about financial services.

It would be a real pity if people are put off dealing with MBNA properly. Ie understanding what they offer and making an informed decision.

People who get 950 of Experian and think it means something?

Yes I will use the ombudsman when I like thats what it's there for. Yes the more business MBNA loose all the better and no i don't think Experian means anything, I just used it to see if there was anything showing.

Being totally Debt free, It was the first time I had used credit reference agencies. It was just handy to use the card to pay house hold bills when I work abroad, but just don't like the way they put up interest 16% for no reason.
  • ElkyElky
    ElkyElky Posts: 2,459 Forumite
    Options
    Yes I will use the ombudsman when I like thats what it's there for. Yes the more business MBNA loose all the better and no i don't think Experian means anything, I just used it to see if there was anything showing.

Being totally Debt free, It was the first time I had used credit reference agencies. It was just handy to use the card to pay house hold bills when I work abroad, but just don't like the way they put up interest 16% for no reason.

I'm going to apply for four MBNA credit cards right now!
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • chattychappy
    Options
    Yes I will use the ombudsman when I like thats what it's there for.

but just don't like the way they put up interest 16% for no reason.

The ombudsman isn't there just because you don't like something.

It is a scarce resource and they have a backlog. Don't you feel some responsibility not to waste time?

It's a real pity that the ombudsman can't award costs against people like you.
  • Taff73
    Options
    The ombudsman isn't there just because you don't like something.

It is a scarce resource and they have a backlog. Don't you feel some responsibility not to waste time?

It's a real pity that the ombudsman can't award costs against people like you.

If they want to charge me costs they are welcome to do so.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure